Marketing Analytics Manager at Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Manager to join the Marketing Analytics team. You will be responsible for leading a team that delivers key analyses projects, reporting, and processes leading to insights that help drive Marketing decision making. This role is both data-driven and strategic, focused on improving paid media and web/owned channel efficiency through ongoing optimization and expanding measurement capabilities.The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in similar marketing analytics roles with strong technical and analytical abilities.
As a part of the Marketing Analytics team, the work you do will have high visibility across Marketing and other departments as it is used for data-driven decision making guiding marketing investments and strategy.
What you'll do here:
- You will plan and prioritize key projects across the team
- You will develop vision and roadmap, with execution timelines and deliverables
- You will mentor and guide team members for high productivity and efficient workstreams
- You will lead key exploratory analysis to understand new sources of data and new tools
- You will develop new methods for analysis based on shifting media and web landscapes
- You will own and build analytical tools and solutions addressing Marketing business needs and questions enabling better decisions by leadership
- You will lead complex analytics requirements conversations, communicate with stakeholders to plan analysis approach, and guide key decisions
- You will join paid and web data to create full funnel customer analytics across channels
- You will translate complex business questions into sound data analysis using a hypothesis and solution process
- You will create new reporting and dashboards, data infrastructure, and queries to track key marketing metrics across multiple data sources leveraging SQL, R/Python and, Looker, Tableau, and other visualization tools; monitor for changes in trends, share insights and make recommendations
- You will architect and evaluate results for multi cell tests and test methodology for media performance studies and web testing
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in media and advertising analytics
- You have a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (analytics, computer science, or mathematics a plus)
- You have 5-7 years experience in marketing analytics, media analytics, customer analytics preferred
- You have expertise in analyzing web analytics data, email marketing data, customer data, and business data.
- You have some experience in media technology, ad serving platforms, and marketing data systems
- You have experience with eCommerce and/or software-as-a-service (SaaS) business models
- You have experience working with senior leadership at corporations
- You have the ability to translate business objectives into measurable goals and KPIs
- You have the ability to translate technical data into a framework and language that internal clients can understand
- You have working knowledge of SQL, R, and/or Python; extensive experience wrangling and transforming data; and some knowledge of BigQuery or similar SQL-based databases.
- You have strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- You have extensive experience with data visualization tools like Tableau and Looker
- You have some knowledge in media reporting platforms like Campaign Manager, Facebook Ads, Search Ads 360
- You have expert knowledge of web analytics and user behavior analysis (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- You have experience with statistical methods such as regression and hypothesis testing
- You have experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), and presenting the data in a clear and concise manner
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.