Market Research Analyst - Research Services at Qualtrics (Provo, UT)
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
Expectations for Success
We are looking for a motivated quantitative research analyst who is interested in growing within an awesome cross-functional team of Research Experts. In this role, we need you to be naturally curious and have a passion for understanding human behavior. A high level of motivation and excellent communication skills are required to manage an incredibly diverse slate of work, clients, and team personalities. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who is able to deliver amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client service business. You should have very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, be able to run basic statistical analyses, display the creativity needed for writing effective questionnaires, and be very comfortable multi-tasking.
You need to have a bachelor’s degree, but if you also have a master's degree, we welcome that too. We are looking for one to two years of relevant quantitative experience within a market research capacity, but if you have relevant internship experience, we encourage you to apply, too. There is tremendous growth potential our rapidly growing company and we’re looking for eager candidates up for the challenge!A Day in the Life
- Project management responsibilities are threefold. You need to be able to (with support and guidance), effectively manage the following:
- Handle logistics for quantitative research projects, including maintaining organization and timelines among the internal team, scheduling and planning research engagements, checking data (with the ability and desire to learn how to manage both “up” and “down”),
- Play a supporting role for clients on projects and maintain comprehensive notes
- Build relationships with vendor partners, including managing quality control, approving coding lists, negotiating prices, and providing clear instructions.
- Test survey links (including testing for spelling, grammar, and logic skips).
- Assist with report creation, including writing, analysis, chart and table creation in Excel or PowerPoint.
- Assist with writing survey questionnaires, writing questions that use clear phrasing and uphold Qualtrics and industry best practices.
- Take detailed notes during client calls and meetings.
- Be able to effectively problem solve logistical issues and adjust on the fly. Proactively identify issues and suggest solutions on how to make projects run more smoothly.
- As you grow in the position, you can look forward to more client contact, an increased role in business development and proposal writing/methodology creation, and a leading role in managing a project from start to finish.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 years of professional relevant experience.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience working in applied custom research (agency or client side)
- Interest in working on standalone quantitative research projects
- Excellent PowerPoint, Google Slides and/or Keynote skills and ability to create slides/graphs/charts that convey key research findings in compelling ways.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational/logistics skills.
- Be a quick learner.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take a big picture idea and run with it.
- Ability to independently solve problems.
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic.
- Professional, able to interact with vendors/clients.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Excellent Excel skills; knowledge of pivot tables and creating charts or ability/willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of SPSS or other analytical software.