Market Data Sourcing Manager Senior at FIS (Raleigh, NC)
The Strategic Sourcing Manager for the market data category is responsible for acquiring, structuring, and negotiating contracts primarily for products, services and operations supporting the Capital Markets segment. This role serves as a Sourcing subject matter expert, partnering with business leaders to optimize financial and operational benefits as well as working with risk managers to mitigate the risks associated with third-party relationships.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will work with suppliers to ensure the company secures the best price and value possible, while reducing incidental and extraneous cost, all while providing support and value to internal stakeholders.
What you will be doing:
- Leads and manages sourcing engagements with cross-functional internal teams, including needs analysis, market analysis, competitive intelligences, RFI and RFP development, cost and proposal analysis, deal structuring, contract negotiation, and implementation development.
- In partnership with business leaders, develop short- and long-term sourcing category strategies, and execute multiple, medium to high risk and complex projects concurrently.
- Facilitates development of relationships with vendors/suppliers and maintains relationships for long-term contracts.
- Establishes systems and procedures to ensure and enhance overall quality.
- Establishes requirements for suppliers to achieve process and quality standards.
- Reviews, analyzes, and monitors supplier contract performance and compliance.
- Negotiates and coordinates any modifications to agreements.
- Develops and maintains vendor relationships including tracking and analysis of vendor spend and performance.
- Maintains solutions to ensure purpose and functionality of suppliers closely aligns with business procedures, directions, and strategies.
- Manages the selection process to evaluate products based on user requirements, makes recommendations, and ensures purchases are in alignment with current standards and strategy.
- Train, develop, and monitor lower level staff.
- May manage staff or line of business.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience in business, finance, technology, or related field.
- Typically requires 7 years related experience
- Experience with market data vendors like Bloomberg, Refinitiv, ICE Data Services and stock exchanges
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing or vendor management functions and procedures
- Knowledge of vendor relations
- Experience with project management methods and techniques
- Experience working with legal and comprehending contracts
- Ability to understand and analyze financial data to support source selection decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent problem solving, team and time management skills managing multiple deadlines for self and others Proficiency in making projections of future expenses based on analysis of cost effectiveness of past expenditures
- Proficiency to operate independently
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.