Farmers Business Network® ( FBN® ) is on a mission to power the prosperity of family farmers and rural communities around the world, transforming how the world farms with an integrated, technology-enabled agricultural platform.
We offer high ROI farm inputs, fintech and sustainability products and services powered by network data, and farm-tested insights from our global farmer community. Our platform helps FBN® members make confident decisions to ensure the economic viability of their farms, while also empowering them to be a part of the solution as the global community confronts its most pressing issues: providing food security for a growing population, transitioning to more sustainable agriculture, and responding to climate change.
We are a dynamic, innovative, and mission-driven AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as boundless career mobility. We are backed by top investors, including Fidelity, ADM, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek. We have been featured in these articles by the Wall Street Journal and Forbes , and were also named " One of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World " by Fast Company Magazine.
A unique role at the intersection of Investor Relations, Strategic Finance and Data Analytics. In this role you will own the analyzing and reporting of key company-wide KPIs and build best-in-class systems, capabilities, organization, and processes in support of company-wide decision making. You will communicate and work directly with senior management and business leaders across the organization to build an expertise in communicating our performance.
What You'll Do
- Create and sustain analytics that communicate key metric performance via insightful, always-on, automated reporting.
- Help interpret the results of key metric performance, within the organization, working closely with BU strategy and operations teams to help tie the company wide data and metrics methodology with BU specific metrics and ways of measuring and reporting performance
- Provide analytical and, as applicable, written support as part of the quarterly earnings process, including market, peer and/or other data or analyses required for the earnings script or Q&A prep.
- Assist with data collection/analysis and commentary for presentations, materials and executive prep for a variety of internal and external events.
- Assist with responding to inbound investor or other corporate communications-related inquiries and requests for data , working collaboratively with other departments and third-parties to aggregate and analyze information.
- Help drive KPI target setting as part of the annual operating planning process, examining the relevance of the metrics the business and functions are using in the context of broader company performance and industry best practices
- Manage periodic research and analytical projects as requested, on a range of topics including, but not limited to, the company's markets, business strategy, financial performance, peer benchmarking, and related industry trends.
- Improve governance of financial and operational data, identifying key pieces of information needed for company-wide analytics and ensuring all constituents across functions and businesses are maintaining the information and regularly updating it
- Produce advanced, predictive analytics that anticipate future performance
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in finance, economics, accounting, or business.
- 5+ years of Strategic Finance, Corporate Finance, or Analytical experience.
- Excel and PowerPoint expert
- Proficiency as a Tableau dashboard creator and Tableau Prep user
- SQL and Redshift familiarity desired
- Familiarity with Hyperion Planning or PBCS is a plus
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, particularly the ability to develop a narrative around key data and metrics and the ability to lead strategic discussions at all levels of the company, including executive leaders, functional managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong quantitative skills, including the ability to translate and interpret financial and operational data
- Adept at using visualizations in an effective, even artistic way, to drive understanding and action
- Expert capabilities in harnessing analytical and operational insights and translating the insights into tangible actions in collaboration with cross-functional business partners
- Expertise in forecasting & business modeling
- Demonstrated enjoyment & success building processes from scratch and implementing in both a manual and automated way.
The following represents FBN's reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $115,000 - $125,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
FBN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. FBN considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We participate in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program here .
FBN is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email fill out this form .