Manager Machine Learning Engineering at Nexient (Ann Arbor, MI)
| Ann Arbor, MI
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:50 p.m. (CST) on Monday, April 18, 2022
About your future team
Nexient is on a mission: To rid the world of crappy software, one sprint at a time.
Every day, our 1000+ Agile developers, designers, and strategists empower each other to find passion in our work while we innovate the world. This culture of teamwork and curiosity is fueled by a product-minded approach to our work, crafting extraordinary custom software solutions and growing careers along the way.
Our clients range from some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services to fast-emerging disruptors – You might have read about us in the NY Times. We’re also recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HFS Hot Vendor, and America’s leading 100% U.S. Agile software services partner.
If you’re looking to change the trajectory of your career, make an impact on Day One, develop custom software on the best technology around – and maybe even make people’s lives easier -- then you belong here, with us.
As a Nexient Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you'll lead an Agile team delivering machine learning applications and systems at scale. You'll lead technical design, development, and implementation of machine learning applications using existing and emerging technology platforms to deliver business value to Nexient's clients. Working within an Agile environment, you’ll serve as a technical lead, helping guide machine learning architectural design decisions, developing and reviewing model and application code, and ensuring high availability and performance of machine learning applications. You'll have the opportunity to continuously learn and apply the latest innovations and best practices in machine learning engineering. You’ll also mentor other engineers and develop your technical knowledge and skills to keep Nexient at the cutting edge of technology.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Deliver production ML software models and components that solve real-world business problems, while working in collaboration with product and application teams
- Solve complex problems by writing and testing application code, developing and validating ML models, and automating tests and deployment
- Collaborate as part of a cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance software that enables state-of-the-art, next generation big data and machine learning applications
- Leverage cloud-based architectures and technologies to deliver optimized ML models at scale
- Construct optimized data pipelines to feed ML models
- Leverage continuous integration and continuous deployment best practices, including test automation and monitoring, to ensure successful deployment of ML models and application code
- Advocate for software and machine learning engineering best practices
- Function as a technical or project lead and while mentoring junior engineering talent
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience building, scaling, and optimizing enterprise-grade Machine Learning systems, using frameworks such as scikit-learn, XGBoost, TensorFlow, PyTorch, and Spark, to perform a variety of predictive tasks on both structured and unstructured data
- 3+ years of experience designing and building data-intensive, production-ready solutions using distributed computing frameworks such as Spark
- 3+ years of experience developing and deploying Machine Learning solutions in a public cloud environment (AWS Azure, or Google Cloud).
- Mastery of data wrangling in rational databases using SQL
- Significant experience architecting cutting-edge MLOps systems in enterprise environments
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming design best practices
- Professional services experience
- Cloud certification preferred
As a vital member of our Engineering Practice, you will be part of one of our 100+ small cross-functional teams working side by side with some of the most talented developers, UX designers, analysts, quality engineers, and product managers out there.
From Silicon Valley to Ann Arbor, Columbus, and beyond – a career with Nexient will offer you:
Remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities: Here, you decide the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences.
Fulfilling and challenging projects: You will be exposed to different scenarios, multiple types of clients, and the most complex business and technology initiatives.
Access to the most cutting-edge technologies: You’re always going to be advancing your skillset by learning and working with the newest and most relevant technologies available out there.
A positive and passionate culture: Boring and divided aren’t in our vocabulary. In fact, it’s amazing to see how, despite our exponential growth, the Nexient culture and community stay as warm, diverse, and close as ever.
Plenty of opportunities for you to explore and grow: We will empower you to dream as big as you want and support you to make your career what YOU want it to be.
Creative runway: We take pride in encouraging our people to question the status quo.
Our benefits program includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Generous PTO, plus holidays
· 401(k) plan
· Life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
· Maternity leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible spending accounts
· Health savings account
Nexient is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. At Nexient, your uniqueness makes us better. Your uniqueness is why you are valued, you are heard, you add to our culture, and you belong. Diversity & Inclusion is hardcoded into our DNA and at the core of everything we do. Together, not separately, we strive to become even more diverse to help fuel our innovation and connect us closer with the clients and communities we serve.
More Information on Nexient
Nexient operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Newark, CA, Kokomo, IN, Dublin, OH and Ann Arbor, MI. Nexient was founded in 2009. It has 728 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all jobs at Nexient, click here.
Read Full Job Description