Some people go to work.
At RingCentral, you’ll change the way the world works.
RingCentral is the global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally changing the nature of human interaction—giving people the freedom to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
We’re a $1.5 billion company that’s growing at 30+% annually and we’re expanding our Finance Team to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
RingCentral Finance careers provide unmatched opportunities for professional and personal growth. You’ll lead change. Build new systems and processes. Collaborate with and learn from the best.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
The Manager, Internal Controls & Compliance will play a key role in supporting our SOX compliance program and operational audits. This individual will also contribute towards process improvements plans and establishing and maintaining a strong controls environment in a rapidly-scaling environment.
This role is very impactful and has a high level of visibility across the organization as RingCentral continues to scale globally.
- Drive compliance with global Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) programs by maintaining best-in-class documentation of RingCentral’s internal controls environment, including identification of risk areas, control gaps, and change proposals to remediate or mitigate identified risks, coordination of internal resources, testing, ensuring test results are properly documented and issues are appropriately raised & resolved.
- Establish good relationships and become a trusted resource for business partners to drive maintenance of control and process documentation (policies, procedures, narratives, control matrices, etc.)
- Document and report the results of internal control testing including remedial actions to senior management, communicating control gaps and deficiencies to process owners and other business leaders.
- Continuously work towards global process improvement to maintain SOX compliance requirements and stay on top of new developments and trends related to SOX legislation, COSO framework and PCAOB standards.
- Collaborate with the internal and external partners to execute audits and drive resolution on issues.
- Work closely with IT Management to evaluate and ensure compliance of key financial systems and lead change management practices within RingCentral.
- Contribute effectively to IA opinion and viewpoints by providing insight supported by analyses and understanding of business strategy and risk.
- Design and execute operational audit programs including understanding business processes and underlying systems, conducting interviews and process walkthroughs, and performing audit procedures to assess the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the key business processes.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the current internal audit program to improve efficiency and increase value.
- 8+ years relevant SOX 404 compliance, internal controls, internal auditing, accounting, and testing experience with a large organization, preferably in a multinational environment and technology sector.
- Professional certifications such as CPA/Chartered Accountant/ CIA/CISA required.
- Public accounting or internal auditing experience with Big 4 firms is preferred.
- Progressive experience and understanding of SOX requirements, including experience in defining and designing controls is required.
- Experience in performing operational internal audits is preferred but not required.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement.
- Must be a "self-starter" with a can-do demeanor and a serious desire to have a positive impact on RingCentral.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, experience in drafting audit reports.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to quickly evaluate issues, identify root causes, and creatively tackle complex problems.
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive, rapid learner and responsive; possesses passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results; views challenges as opportunities; tenacious and focused.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
- Experience with the following systems is a plus: NetSuite, Workday, Equity Edge and other analytical tools.
Benefits and Amenities:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
- Paid parental leave
- New parent gift box
RingCentral’s Finance team gives you an incredible opportunity to manage stratospheric growth and learn from the best. It’s an unmatched opportunity to put your professional and personal growth on an upward trajectory. You’ll lead change at a $1.5 billion company that’s growing 30% every year—in a people-first environment designed to power your career.
Our work culture is the backbone of our success. And don’t just take our word for it: we are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work Culture by Comparably and hold local BPTW awards in every major location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining great people because we know you power our success. RingCentral offers on-site, remote and hybrid work options optimized for the ways we work and live now.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of business cloud communications and contact center solutions based on its powerful Message Video Phone™ (MVP™) global platform. More flexible and cost effective than legacy on-premises PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral® empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.