We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Manager, ERM Data Analytics will own the production and delivery of analytical projects supporting the Enterprise Risk Management organization, including supporting various targeted risk assessments, and ensure they are delivered on-time and within scope. The Manager, ERM Data Analytics will undertake the full lifecycle activities of data analytics including requirements, design, data cleaning, developing analysis and reporting capabilities and be able to manage data analytics projects end-to-end.
The Manager, ERM Data Analytics is a self-starter who is confident and independent. This role works under general supervision of a superior with considerable latitude to exercise independent judgment and initiative. This person will provide a high level of expertise to query and interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide reporting and packaging of results.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Implement a defined risk data analytics process and project life cycle which will be followed to effectively support achieving our mission statement.
- Deliver trusted and value-added risk data analysis to inform strategic business decisions, highlight key areas of risk for Coinbase, and proactively identify and mitigate risk.
- Develop and implement data-driven risk assessment processes supporting ERM to identify potential risk areas, test controls, test business performance and formulate conclusions for assessments.
- Engage as a consulting partner for the lifecycle of data driven projects
- Work to improve data availability and efficiency of risk assessment processes including the integration of datasets into snowflake and the automation of risk metrics
- Aim to build confidence in the value of our work by ensuring application of stringent QA checks to any data we release and ensure proper vetting of insights with key stakeholders
- Identify data quality issues and liaise with data owner to ensure resolution
- Implement tools and techniques for the efficient acquisition, organization, integration and secure storage of Coinbase data.
- Deliver and publish information for our customers through standard reports, system data interfaces, and self-service business intelligence tools (e.g., Looker)
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Strong organization, project and time management skills with ability to plan and prioritize workload. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines with quality product.
- Adept at querying data (e.g., sql) from data sources, acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources, maintaining databases/data systems as needed and linking databases and datasets to generate integrated datasets.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of statistical methodologies and techniques with ability to mine/collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Provide data visualization and presentation of analytical findings. Preparing reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with business partners, superiors, and subordinates.
- Manage several tasks at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
- 10+ years of experience
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge and experience with RSA Archer and associated data model
- Master’s degree in data science / analytics
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $144,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.