Manager Data Science at Rue Gilt Groupe (Boston, MA)
Rue Gilt Groupe (RGG) is seeking an exceptional Manager, Data Science to lead a team that’s ready to scale and revolutionize the technology that better serves the 35+ million loyal Members who interact with Ruelala.com and Gilt.com every day by leveraging cutting edge techniques such as predictive modelling, machine learning, and AI.
With a cutting-edge toolkit, RGG’s Data Science team is leading to build innovative solutions that power our online retail business. Come help us build the next generation of our products!
What you’ll do:
- You’ll lead and manage a team of skilled data scientists/engineers to develop solutions to business problems leveraging both classic and cutting edge data science algorithms/frameworks in an agile environment.
- You will empower your team with the tools to do their best work, invest in your talent to build bench strength as you scale, and drive measurable value to the business, jumping in and contributing to the work as needed.
- You’ll partner with business leaders and stakeholders across the organization on challenging data science projects like advanced statistical prediction models, forecasting, NLP, computer vision, recommender systems, and other AI technologies to drive revenue and enhance personalized shopping experiences of our members and increase RGG’s efficiency.
- You’ll design and productionize scalable and distributed solutions and systems leveraging state-of-the-art data technology (for e.g. Databricks Spark, Tensorflow, Snowflake, AWS Ecosystems, Airflow and etc) that operate in the cloud to empower data science services.
- You have at least 6 years of industry experience with machine learning, software development, statistical modeling and large scale data analytics.
- You’ve led and coached a small, but mighty team.
- You’re proficient with Python and SQL.
- You have an advanced degree in Computer Science/ Engineering/ Statistics /physics/math.
- You embody the spirit of collaboration with a demonstrated ability to build and foster strong cross-functional stakeholder relationships and work well in a close-knit team, ego-less coding environment.
About the Team:
The Data Science team at RGG prides itself on solving complex business problems as well as providing business value. We interact with myriad stakeholders in the company and problem solve on many fronts. Areas that this team is responsible for but not limited to include on-site personalization of member experiences, personalization of offline member experiences (for e.g. EMail, SMS) and working with our partners on various business optimization problems. This is a highly visible role within the company and provides ample opportunities to grow the team and yourself.