Karat's purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world's first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat's Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We're a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!
Come join our Data team
Our Data Science team is committed to partnering in exploratory data analysis, conducting experimentation, and building and automating data-driven product features. We conduct research and development needed to make technical interviews more predictive. Working on the Data Science team, you will shape the future for the intelligence and efficiency of our product.
What you will do
As Manager of Data Science at Karat, you will drive data innovation in both a hands-on and strategic capacity, all with the purpose of extracting key insights from our data and providing actionable recommendations as we scale. Leading a team of Engineers, and Scientists, you will be responsible for innovating on top of existing and external data, carrying out complex analysis, and creating insight and building models and products that serve a variety of key end-users in the Interviewing Cloud space.
Karat's HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). Immigration sponsorship is available for this position.
- Manage a growing team of Data Scientists by guiding their research and development and model development to optimally benefit the business and enhance our product.
- Work closely with the broader data team to increase the signal captured during technical interviews in order to maximize the product value provided to clients.
- Partner with leadership to optimize and build ways in which we can collect richer data about user interactions.
- Build solutions to continuously scale our platform in order to serve a constantly increasing number of interviews with a flexible network.
- Evangelize and nurture conversations around high quality software engineering methodologies towards developing data infrastructure and pipelines, ensuring a strong culture for both technical and non-technical business stakeholders.
The experience you will bring
- 5+ years of relevant data science work experience
- Successful track record in building and leading high-functional data science teams
- Strong data analysis and scientific thinking skills with deep knowledge of statistics and rigorous analytical techniques
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-moving environment supporting a rapidly growing, Internet or Technology business
- History delivering insights and ML models that have provided high-value to the business
- Experience with modern batch and real-time data processing technologies
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We're proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team's favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee's choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected] .