Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Japan, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team
The Risk function at OKCoin is responsible for the overall risk and fraud prevention culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk. We’re also deeply committed to moving the needle on risk standards for the crypto industry, building products in a compliant way, and protecting the company from financial, regulatory and reputational risks. Our team consists of seasoned risk professionals who are based across our global offices.
About the Opportunity
This is a highly-impactful role at one of the fastest-growing global cryptocurrency exchanges headquartered in San Francisco, CA. The Manager, Data Science & Modeling will offer a strategic perspective, deep analytical and modeling capabilities, and a collaborative working style. The right candidate will have strong intellectual curiosity and passion for achieving business results.
An ability to quickly define the problem, research and leverage state-of-the-art modeling techniques, and provide timely recommendations will be essential. Key skills will include a strong analytical mindset, deep understanding of most popular machine learning algorithms and lead key initiatives with integrity and a passion for investigations, problem solving, and troubleshooting.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Researches and leverages state-of-the-art modeling techniques; lead modeling innovation, development and validation;
- Develop Risk policies / strategies / rules to understand and mitigate fraud on the platform while enabling the business to grow;
- Understand impact of risk policy on Okcoin’s ecosystem (trade-off between loss/risk mitigation and revenue growth / positive customer experience);
- Promote a data-driven culture within the department with value-added data analysis and timely management of information;
- Engage in storytelling via data analytics to connect the dots and visualize problems or pain points within the business; and
- Establish effective cross-functional relationships with Product, Customer Service, Business Intelligence, Engineering, Marketing, Business Development to build and operationalize robust risk solutions to address emerging business issues.
What We Look For In You:
- 3-5 years of experience in developing data-based analytical solutions;
- Deep understanding of machine learning algorithms including GBM, XGBoost, LGBM, etc. Advanced programming skills of statistical / analytical software (SQL, R, Python,etc.);
- Establishes and maintains effective performance tracking; identify improvement opportunity, form hypothesis, proposes, designs and implements tests to drive strategy enhancement and optimization;
- Experience with risk/data analytics, tools, and concepts, Risk Rule Engines, Risk Modeling, Identity Verification, etc.;
- Maintain a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools and techniques, and support the advancement of the "best-in-class" analytical capabilities to unlock new capabilities and performance.;
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment with a strong level of initiative; and
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
Nice to Haves:
- Crypto/Blockchain experience;
- Hands-on experience/knowledge of modeling in machine learning (GBM, XGBoost, Random Forest, etc.); and
- Master's degree preferred in statistics, math, computer science, engineering, economics, or related quantitative field.
Highlights of Perks and Benefits
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.