We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Instacart is looking to hire a (Sr.) Data Science Manager with experience leading world-class teams at a high-growth company. In this position, you will partner with senior product and engineering leadership to grow and drive Instacart’s Dependability. The Dependability team mandate is to make sure Instacart customers get their order on time with exactly what they ordered (or a satisfactory replacement). If they aren’t satisfied, we fix it.
As the (Sr.) Data Science Manager for Instacart Dependability, you’ll hire and lead a team of data scientists responsible for improving order completion/dependability perception and optimizing customer appeasements. You will need to be a trusted partner to Directors of Product & Engineering, and be able to work cross-functionally. We’re looking for an experienced leader who can hit the ground running and influence decision-making across the entire organization.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead a high-performing team of data scientists
- You will be responsible for the health of your team’s data - its completeness and its quality
- You and your team will have a high impact on your stakeholder teams, product, and operations; you will hold yourself accountable to measurable improvements in business outcomes
- You and your team will design rigorous experiments and interpret results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- You and your team will develop statistical models to extract trends, measure results, and predict future performance of our product
- You and your team will enable objective decision making across the company by democratizing data through dashboards and other analytical tools
- You and your team will use expertise in causal inference, machine learning, complex systems modeling, behavioral decision theory etc. to shape the future of Instacart
- You and your team will present findings in a compelling way to influence Instacart’s leadership
- 5+ years experience working in a quantitative role at a product or ecommerce company
- 2+ years experience managing a team of data scientists is a plus
- Experience leading teams working on growth, new products, or ecommerce is a plus
- Ability to run rigorous experiments and come up with scientifically sound recommendations
- Ability to write complex, efficient, and eloquent SQL queries to extract data
- A desire to build and improve consumer software products
- Ability to translate business needs into analytical frameworks
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build a successful team and company
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Analytics, Economics, or a related field
- Experience working in the ecommerce, retail, or CPG industries
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.