Manager, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Engineer (Symantec) at Capital One (Dallas, TX)
Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Engineer (Symantec)
Capital One is seeking a data protection subject matter expert to deliver game-changing cybersecurity solutions based on threat, data, and design thinking. At Capital One, we believe in the values of Excellence and Doing the Right Thing. We are a technology-oriented company delivering financial products to market through modern technology and constant innovation at a massive scale. Part of that innovation is leveraging technology to deliver the best cybersecurity solutions for the business.
As a candidate for this role, you will play a key role on a team of cyber technicians and engineers to create, implement, and maintain DLP Controls using SaaS and IaaS based solutions to reduce risk and enforce Capital One's Information Security Policy and Standards. You are naturally curious and stay on top of emerging trends and threats. You are not afraid to question any existing processes and solutions, yet you display a keen sense of business value proposition and focus on the right priorities. You are a clear thinker, thrive in working across teams, and are an expert in dealing with ambiguity. You believe that a core component of security's role is to enable the business, not just to secure it, and the solutions you bring to life are aligned to the needs of our developer community and business partners. You thrive in working in a fast paced, technologically forward leaning environment and are not afraid to push the boundaries of security capabilities.
What you'll do...
- Leverage data protection technology subject matter expertise to design, build, and implement tools to safeguard from cyber risks for data in use, in motion, and at rest.
- Analysis of the problem space, documentation of the approach, and working with architecture to identify a target state architecture.
- Execute a technical resolution program by closely partnering with cross functional teams across the organization.
- Maintain close ties to various stakeholders, developers, and engineers across the company, ensuring the services we create meet their needs as products evolve.
- Communicate extensively with Data Protection Product and engineering teams across the organization.
- Collaborate with partners in different teams to resolve the dependencies with data loss prevention products.
- Design, build, and maintain cloud-based infrastructure to meet the organization's requirements and ensure high availability.
- You are a subject matter expert in data loss prevention tools.
- You have a strong understanding of the web proxy, email, and endpoint solution.
- You are detail oriented and are able to articulate key details clearly both in conversation and in technical writing.
- You are capable of driving complex technical initiatives to full delivery leveraging knowledge of Cyber security practices, software engineering principles, agile frameworks, and customer engagement.
- You have the ability to foster collaborative, open, working relationships with technology groups and other stakeholders, including vendor relationships .
- You have demonstrated clear communication skills and ability to interact effectively at multiple levels of an organization, and to influence leadership (Including translating technical information based on specific audiences).
- You have experience working in managing multiple high-visibility and high-impact enterprise cybersecurity projects with cross-functional teams while maintaining superior results including planning, development and management of technical requirements, design, testing and deployment of security solutions.
- You have passion and expertise in one or more of the following areas: technical delivery, product security, software development practices, or platform engineering.
- Hands-on knowledge and expertise in building securing technology, including operating systems, databases, virtualization, cloud computing environments, and networks.
- You are able to troubleshoot, investigate, configure and support the data loss prevention products.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 6 years of experience working in cybersecurity or information technology
- At least 5 years of experience in the data protection field
- At least 5 years of experience with Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP) infrastructure engineering
- At least 3 years of experience with URL filtering, proxy, or Network DLP
- Bachelor's Degree in Cybersecurity, Systems Engineering, or Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience in scripting and solving cyber technical challenges
- 4+ years of experience in the Agile delivery model
- 4+ years of experience in public cloud security and multi-cloud environments
- 3+ years experience in IT Delivery projects and technical writing
- 3+ years of hands-on JIRA experience
- 2 or more professional cybersecurity certifications: CISSP, GIAC, CISM, CCSP, CISA, or Security+
- 1 or more professional cloud certifications: AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS Solution Architect - Associate, AWS Developer - Associate, AWS Security - Specialty, or AWS Solution Architect - Professional
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $197,400 - $225,300 for Manager, Cyber Technical
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).