commercetools - we are:
- The competitive sort: We didn’t become the fastest growing, highest ever valued SaaS software company in digital commerce with nearly 100% year-over-year growth by sitting on the sidelines.
- Inspired: Continually exploring what’s possible — the innovators of headless commerce, the visionaries behind MACH — our patented tech has radically disrupted the world of enterprise ecommerce software - and we are just getting started.
- Valued: Smart, strong, passionate individuals hailing from over 50 countries across the globe, speaking over 43 languages, and collectively embracing diversity, encouraging inclusion, and fostering a culture of caring.
- Driven: We push the limits, technology, and ourselves to retain the trust of some of the world’s leading and fastest growing brands every single day.
commercetools encourages critical thinking and data-driven decision-making. To support our data strategy, we are hiring an experienced Manager - Data Engineering. Essentially, you will act as a catalyst for the management of the Data Engineers of the Business Intelligence Team. The role of this team is to consolidate the best strategy in how commercetools stores, processes and utilises data. Our ultimate goal is to create a data model specifically designed for BI activities.
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the European Union and in the United Kingdom.
- Lead and motivate the team of Data Engineers, giving professional and technical support.
- Help us to consolidate an in-house data warehouse that will enable data analysis and data-driven decisions at the organisational level
- Design, build and manage ETL workflows to integrate data from many sources into a single source
- Design a framework to ensure data quality: Our data must be accessible, up-to-date, secure, consistent and complete for its intended uses
- Work across teams to define organisational needs and ensure business requirements are met
What you need to succeed:
- At least 5+ years of experience in Data Engineering
- Good understanding of data structures and data management
- Experience in leading a team and managing complex data projects
- Experience in SQL, Python and Java
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Real expertise in designing, building and maintaining scalable ETL pipelines
- Sound knowledge of multi cloud data warehouses, ideally Google BigQuery on the configuration and management side
- Fluent English
- Nice to have: Experience in Data preparation for BI tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView)
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
📋 We share & contribute to the open source community: https://github.com/sangria-graphql
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
🔍 Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.