We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Manager, Compliance Data Analytics will work within the Compliance Technology team at Coinbase to design, build, and maintain necessary Compliance customer and payment screening systems and infrastructure.
The ideal candidate should have experience in system implementation, software engineering and data analytics in the Compliance space, specifically in customer and payment screening. In addition, the candidate should have strong SQL, Python, and data visualization skills. Working knowledge of crypto (DeFi, NFTs, Web3) will be a big plus, but is not required.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Build Compliance systems and infrastructure working in a cross-functional dynamic environment
- Own and manage maintenance and upkeep of customer and payments screening system globally
- Use your strong SQL & Python skills to extract and manipulate Compliance data related to customer onboarding and risk scoring (KYC) and customer screening
- Implement a testing and QA process to ensure consistent and accurate screening matches are produced
- Write clear documentation which can be reviewed by regulators and external examiners
- Collaborate cross-functionally to deliver solutions and under minimal supervision
- Fix production bugs and build enhancements requested by end-users
- Support Coinbase during Model Validations and Regulatory Exams
- Develop system performance metrics and dashboards for internal self service reporting
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 6 years of technology experience in a data analytics or a systems engineering role at a large consulting, financial institution, technology or a financial technology firm
- 2+ years of direct management experience
- Direct experience building and tuning tools for sanctions, PEP, and adverse media name screening, including familiarity with fuzzy matching and NLP techniques
- Excellent analytical skills; strong SQL, Python and data visualization skills
- Prior experience in Customer and Transaction Screening, KYC, and Risk Rating
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment; prior experience in a start-up or high growth environment will be a plus
- Data-driven approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (including writing formal documentation)
- A quick learner and a team player who enjoys building and doing hands-on work
- Keen interest in learning about crypto and building innovative solutions
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience with GitHub, Airflow, Looker, Snowflake
- Exposure to or direct responsibility for building and debugging data pipelines
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies will be a big plus but not a prerequisite
- Working with external examiners and regulators
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado is $161,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
*The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills and experience of qualified candidates.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.