Manager, Analytics at Acrisure Innovation (Austin, TX)
Austin, TX hybrid preferred- open to remote CST/EST time zone candidates only.
Acrisure Innovation is a fast paced, AI-driven team building innovative software to disrupt the $6T+ insurance industry. Our mission is to help the world share its risk more intelligently to power a more vibrant economy. To do this, we are transforming insurance distribution and underwriting into a science.
At the core of our operating model is our technology: we’re building the premier AI Factory in the world for risk and applying it at the center of Acrisure, a privately held company recognized as one of the world's top 10 insurance brokerages and the fastest growing insurance brokerage globally. By using the latest technology and advances in AI to push the boundaries of understanding risk, we are systematically converting data into predictions, insights, and choices, and we believe we can remove the constraints associated with scale, scope, and learning that have existed in the insurance industry for centuries.
We are a small team of extremely high caliber engineers with a diverse background across industries and technologies. Our engineers have worked at large companies like Google and Amazon, high frequency trading companies like TwoSigma and Jump Trading, and a variety of smaller startups, including successful startup founders.
As a Manager, Analytics, you will be working with a cross-functional team of technologists to develop a best-in-class analytics competency and drive growth across our financial services verticals. In this unique role, you will be helping business units take advantage of data and analytics in two ways. First, you will be helping drive transformational change by leading analytics initiatives that provide the insights and recommendations that will underpin our corporate strategy. Second, you will be maturing our analytics competency by helping develop the resources, training, standard processes, self-service tools and quality standards for our function to meet business units’ needs at scale.
We are seeking a candidate with a deep focus and expertise in Business/Product Analytics rather than a BI/Data Analytics background at this time.
Here are some of the ways in which you’ll achieve impact:
Scale Analytics Offerings Across the Business
- Partner cross-functionally to align on analytics priorities, gain buy-in on approach and measure impact to the business
- Manage the intaking and evaluation of gaps and opportunities for scaling analytics across the business, and assist in prioritization and roadmap setting
- Assist in prioritizing problems and opportunities, manage roadmaps, and collaborate with key stakeholders on solution design
- Develop and offer a training curriculum that enables team members and adjacent stakeholders to maximize their use of data and analytics outputs
- Set-up the team’s internal operational processes to maintain agility while enabling team growth
- Serve as a domain expert to ensure technologies and analytics processes in place are future-proof
- Enable effective self-service for key stakeholders adjacent to the central analytics function
Deliver Best-in-Class Analytics for Key Corporate Initiatives
- Break-down problems into a structure of actionable business questions and analyses
- Use exploratory data analysis techniques to identify meaningful relationships, patterns, or trends from complex data sets and validate your results
- Effectively translate findings to stakeholders representing a wide range of technical and business acumen in a way that inspires action
- Evaluate new opportunities, synthesize and translate findings, develop go-forward plans, and develop the tools to guide and monitor execution
- Become an expert on Acrisure’s business drivers and the integrated set of choices we can make to optimize performance
You may be fit for this role if you are:
- Analytical with strong business acumen. You are adept at decomposing and solving real world business problems by analyzing data and creating financial models. You are comfortable with data and ambiguity, able to independently delve into the details and think through the real-world business implications of your findings.
- Passionate about helping others succeed. You are a capable individual contributor but enjoy building capabilities. You often deliver impact by helping teammates achieve their growth goals and be the best version of themselves.
- A concise and effective communicator. You can distill complex analysis and concepts into concise takeaways and translate insights effectively for audiences at all levels of the organization.
- An expert at multi-tasking and prioritization. You enjoy balancing numerous different priorities and demands.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. You act like an owner and are independently capable of seeking information in an unstructured environment, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- Proficient in high-growth analytics. You understand the insights needed to help teams drive growth, and are comfortable with advanced analytics methods to drive revenue growth
- A relationship-builder. You are able to build trust quickly with internal stakeholders and customers with a high degree of empathy and with a team-first collaborative attitude.
- High energy. You bring passion and enthusiasm to your work and are highly productive in a fast-paced environment with little oversight on a day-to-day basis.
- Work experience: 7+ years of work experience in data analytics or adjacent quantitative fields (BI, Strategy, Business Operations, Finance, etc.). Financial services and/or people management experience preferred.
- Location: Willing and able to work from the headquarters in Austin, Texas (preferred), with remote roles considered for the right candidate.
Technical skills: Proficiency in SQL is required.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas. If you are a solid candidate and eager to drive impact by building a best-in-class analytics capability, we are eager to talk to you.