PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Analytics Implementation
San Diego, CA
The Manager, Analytics Implementation position is responsible for a team of client-facing analytics Implementation Developers requiring technical and business/marketing skills. This role will lead a small group of individual contributors to define excellent service at all points in implementation projects. The successful candidate will take the responsibility to serve as a point of escalation for both business and technical challenges throughout any project. In so doing, they will contribute to the delivery of projects across a portfolio of several PlayStation verticals. While not a programming position, it is a very technical job with constant customer interaction. Further, there are business management responsibilities including Agile project management, representing the team in cross-functional forums, and light contributions to budget management. As a people manager, the candidate will manage not just the day-to-day tasks of direct reports, but also their long-term development, including fiscal year goals, assessing performance, and creating opportunities for skill improvement. The candidate should have the experience and vision to set the bar for where Analytics Implementation Developers should seek to reach. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Communicate confidently and proactively with partners throughout the project lifecycle
- Run multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Manage customer expectations appropriately and keep projects on schedule and within scope
- Review direct reports’ analytics implementation strategies in response to client business requirements and critical metrics
- Technical documentation writing, telemetry concept overviews, and business/executive presentations
- Advise key partners and drive client success for critical business impact drivers
- Direct reports in program management and Agile development process to ensure reliable delivery and program consistency
- Provide mentorship to the team and assist in technical discussion with engineering partners to resolve issues
- Provide business mentorship to team members to promote clear and concise data delivery work, dashboards/visualizations, and business communication across the portfolio
- Contribute to business leadership functions of team including volume-based cost projections and estimations
- 5-7 years’ experience working in analytics or software engineering
- Extensive experience working with Adobe Analytics or similar tools
- Managerial experience as an analytics implementation team lead
- Web development experience
- Solid understanding of common analytics use cases including critical metric development, dashboard creation, online marketing, advertising technology, digital attribution, experimentation, and media consumption
- Passion for the internet domain and use of technology to solve business problems
- Must be self-motivated, responsive, professional and dedicated to customer success
- Possess an innovative, problem-solving, and solution-centric approach
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be a great teammate, and handle change effectively
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in large-scale software engineering organizations (Agile or related experience)
- Experience with Adobe Experience Cloud (Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Launch, Adobe Experience Platform)
- Experience with DOMO, Tableau, Datorama, and/or AWS
- Website optimization consulting experience
- Experience in React Native or similar frameworks
- Experience with custom schema definition using Snowplow, Segment, Google Analytics 4 or similar
- Working experience with collaborative source code management using Github or similar
- Web API usage experience
- Master’s degree in business or other related advanced education
- Japanese language proficiency and working experience strongly preferred
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.