Manager, Actuarial Analyst – Valuation
Any VillageMD office, Remote
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
We're looking for an experienced Actuary to help us transform the way primary care providers and insurance companies’ contract.
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare. We’re empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions, and engaging patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country, improving patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization, and we are thrilled about the work that we accomplish every day. We’re transparent. Collaborative. Relentless in pursuit of our mission. With a confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation. And we know that the community we are growing is greater than any one individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and connected to the most modern internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Could this be you?
See for yourself how as an Actuary you will help reshape successful healthcare with VillageMD:
The Actuary will set reserves for VillageMD for services where we are delegated as well as for non-delegated contracts with payers and government programs. They will in partnership with Actuarial Leadership, Finance and Markets support evaluation of VillageMD’s performance under Value Based Care contracts. This role will also continuously make recommendations and implement actions to improve the efficiency and accuracy of VillageMD’s reserving processes. Through collaboration with Actuarial Leadership, Technology and Analytics, the Actuary will strengthen existing, and / or put into operation new controls, to ensure a continued superior level of trust and integrity to the reserving process.
How you can make a difference
During your first year, you can expect the following professional challenges:
- Develop/Execute actuarial projection valuation processes and models
- Experience rapid growth as VillageMD takes on more delegation through new contracts and expansion of markets
- Get up to speed on our valuation and data model and make recommendations for changes to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the reserve process
- Solve the problems with hands on ability to execute, not just lead
- Work with our market and finance leaders to understand the importance of the actuarial valuation, modeling and projection teams and identify opportunities for collaboration in improvement of market performance
- Collaborate with technology, analytics and operational leaders to define project completion milestones and have the team track against those goals
Skills for success
As a successful VillageMD Actuary you possess:
- An FSA or ASA and are a MAAA
- Ability to meet requirements to sign an Actuarial Statement of Opinion on reserve levels
- Strong Actuarial skills with a demonstrated ability to in pricing, valuation and / or projection teams
- Demonstrated ability to develop Medical claims projections
- Understanding of Medicare Advantage and Medicare ACO
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Think clearly, communicate concisely, and collaborate always
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, and absorb information quickly to create a plan.
- An ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
- The ability to collaborate with teams that do not all have a direct reporting relationship
Experience to drive change
- 5+ years of full-time experience in actuarial roles
- 3+ years of experience directly in healthcare
- Required experience as a valuation actuary
- Preferred experience with Medicare Advantage
- Track record of successfully executing working with both technical and non-technical leaders
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. This fun, fast-paced, startup environment even comes complete with snacks.
You also have the flexibility to contribute remotely. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work at VillageMD and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.