Machine Learning Scientist / Applied Researcher (Remote) at GoDaddy
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Your manager is in Kirkland, WA, however, you can be in anywhere USA or work remote from Canada.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
What you'll get to do...
Our team is a part of the Worldwide Engineering organization within GoDaddy, and we are looking to have all level of machine learning scientist join this core Applied ML team. Our goal is to build and grow a community of ML scientists and engineers to learn, share and grow. We are committed to understanding all major business units very closely and we thrive to empower business results by leveraging state-of-the-art ML algorithms.
This core Applied Machine Learning team utilizes large-scale data to power various business areas, and our goal is to create cohesive navigation experience across channels and web pages, to help simplify and enhance the shopping experience for everyday entrepreneurs across the world to quickly find what they need on our website.
There are big opportunities for us to look deep into new subscription and renewal spaces to leverage dynamic pricing and convex optimization to boost growth across multiple products and multiple business units. We will roll up our sleeves to build best-in-class of personalization and recommender system to offer most relevant products and prices at the right time.
There are also plenty of NLP practices that we need top talent like you to help with. We need to understand our product and chat survey data, to extract customer sentiment and customer intent. We’ll build taxonomy and customer intent program based on live chat messages with chatbots, that allows us to distribute the intent signals back to product teams and help improve NPS score. The intent will also flow into chatbot, and SEO/SEM/SERP landing page to help personalize the product recommendation and pricing experience.
Your contributions will affect millions of our customers and will have a direct impact on our business results. Our team's challenges include deriving value from sparse data, understanding large scale shopping data to extract and retrieve information and building best practice in this field to create the best user experience and highest user engagement. GoDaddy has deep and rich data sets, many still untapped, and your real passion for the cutting-edge machine learning algorithms has the power to unlock tangible business growth.
- You can articulate and understand a business problem, identify challenges, formulate the ML/NLP problem and provide/prototype solutions
- You will provide technical leadership, identify and understand key business challenges and opportunities, and develop end-to-end software solutions using ML/NLP.
- You will collaborate extensively with internal partners, program management, and engineering team to ensure that solution meet business needs, permit valid inferences and have functional feasibility.
- You will collect and process large volumes of data; build new and improved techniques and/or solutions for data collection, management, and usage.
- You will communicate results in a comprehensible manner to all levels of the company.
- You will brainstorm and collaborate with other team members
Your experience should include...
- PhD or MS in computer science or equivalent quantitative fields. 1+ year experience is preferred.
- A strong background in both machine learning/NLP (PhD preferred) and software development. Hands-on Deep Neural Network technologies are preferred.
- Strong algorithm design and programming skills in at least one low level language like C++/Java, and scripting languages like Python/R/Scala
- Experience with distributed computing (Hadoop/Spark)
- Passion for solving interesting and meaningful real-world problems using principled techniques and practices
- 2+ years’ experience of working with live data (data cleaning, data visualization and modeling)
- Embrace for collaboration and teamwork
- Experience with documenting, synthesizing, and communicating results.
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.