Machine Learning Research Engineer - Uber AI Engagements at Uber
About the Team
Uber AI Engagements collaborates with partner teams across Uber to deliver innovative ML/AI solutions for core business problems. You will work closely with engineering, product and data science teams to understand business problems and the potential for ML/AI solutions. You will deliver these solutions from inception to enduring software components. Machine Learning Engineers have deep domain knowledge in ML/AI and the ability to apply that knowledge to diverse problem domains involving multiple stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Algorithm and model prototyping
- Model optimization
- Model productionization and monitoring
- Stay up to date with the recent advancements in the field of machine learning and deep learning
- Masters in Computer Science with a specialization in ML, related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years of industry experience in applied ML, or a Ph.D. with some industry experience obtained through e.g. internships
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with ML frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow
- 4+ years of industry experience in applied ML, or a Ph.D. and 2+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in deep learning. Strong understanding of deep learning fundamentals (layer details, loss functions, backpropagation etc.)
- Ability to read academic papers and implement state of the art deep learning models
- Experience applying deep learning techniques to problems in the spatio-temporal domain
- Experience dealing with real world large-scale datasets
- Ability to innovate, as demonstrated by a track record of software artifacts or publications
- Ability to deliver end-to-end solutions, including data preparation, training, and deployment
- Experience working with product teams
- Ability to work with ambiguous problem definitions
- Prove ability communicating technical knowledge to a business audience
- Collaborative attitude and constructive approach
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.