Machine Learning Operations Engineer at 360Learning (New York City, NY or Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:06 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, March 22, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Incorporating Machine Learning into 360Learning’s collaborative learning platform is one of our main challenges for the years to come. Because it is central to our future growth, we have created a dedicated squad to further this effort. The squad already includes ML Engineers, a Product Manager and a Group Product Manager - we are looking for several more squad members, including our first ML Ops Engineer.
As a key member of the “AI” squad, you will be responsible for creating systems to ensure we can iterate both rapidly and confidently on ML-based systems. You will have the opportunity to:
Take on complex technical challenges: With 2.5 million users and 3 million courses played each month, having top-notch ML capabilities is key for 360Learning. We want to make sure that our ML services are up to the tasks of helping users find the material they need, and helping authors create it.
Lead the creation of our ML platform: You’ll have lots of autonomy to implement our ML platforms you see best, working in an almost 100% greenfield environment to apply the latest in ML Ops thinking.
Within 3 months you will:
- Discover the 360Learning platform
- Have a global view of our systems
- Get used to the team's processes
- Be making important contributions to our existing ML systems
- Have begun designing our ML platform
Within 6 months you will:
- Be progressively integrating aspects of your vision for the ML platform
- Have been instrumental in ratcheting up the performance of our existing recommendation systems.
Within 12 months you will:
- Be well on the way to establishing a fully-featured continuous training platform
- Have played a key role in developing new high-value Machine Learning-powered features such as content recommendation and creation for Authors, Smart Navigation...
The skill set:
- You’ve worked end-to-end on ML development and deployment with tools like Databricks
- You have experience with ML lifecycle management tools like MLFlow
- You’ve deployed ML solutions in the cloud and have cloud ops experience with tools like Terraform
- You have experience with popular ML frameworks and the Python data science stack
- You’re experienced with container technologies, but recognize fully managed solutions can be the right choice
- You’ve used distributed systems like Spark
- You have an engineering or other STEM degree
- You are fluent in English (B2 level or equivalent)
- You show a strong enthusiasm for our culture, explained here
What we offer:
- Compensation. Competitive salary + equity
- Benefits/Perks. Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance. 401k matching starting Day 1. Generous parental leave policy. Level up your skills with our very own platform. Apero with team members from around the world.
- Balance. We offer 20 days of annual PTO + 5 days for sick leave + holidays! We are remote-friendly and promote flexible work hours.
- Culture. Be a part of a global team. We are powered through our culture called Convexity (ask us about it)! Make an impact in a high autonomous, low authority and highly nimble environment.
- Phone Screen with our Tech Talent Acquisition Manager
- Technical Test to do at Home (HackerRank)
- Discovery Meeting with our ML Engineer
- Design System exercise with our ML Engineer
- Clarification Meeting with our AI Product Manager
- Culture Fit Meeting with our Director of Engineering
- Offer !
Who We Are
360Learning empowers Learning and Development teams to drive culture and growth through Collaborative Learning. Our learning platform combines collaborative tools with the power of an LMS, enabling high-growth companies to unlock learning based on collective expertise instead of top-down knowledge. 360Learning is the easiest way to onboard new employees, train customer-facing teams, and develop professional skills–all from one place.
360Learning powers the future of work at 1,500 organizations, including Toyota, Criteo, and Airbus. Founded in 2012, 360Learning has raised $240 million, with 300+ team members across New York, Paris, and London. You can learn more in this blog post from our CEO: https://360learning.com/blog/top-down-management/.
Learning Includes Everyone.
In concert with our culture, 360Learning believes learning includes everyone and that means embracing the strengths of diversity, connectedness, and inclusion. Through conscientious efforts, our global footprint celebrates cultures, perspectives, and experiences from all over the world to support our platform that is built for all regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. Thus, 360Learning is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we commit to continue this throughout our processes for recruitment, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion, and all other conditions and terms of employment. We want to learn from and with you!