Leap is building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems, and scale. The Leap Platform enables brands to deploy stores that work in concert with ecommerce more rapidly and at significantly reduced cost and risk. Brand stores powered by Leap bring modern brands to life with compelling, immersive customer experience and data driven operations.
At Leap, our diverse, growing team is excited by the opportunity to power the next generation of leading consumer brands with a vibrant presence in local communities throughout the country. We're one of the fastest growing companies in the retail/ecommerce space - since launch we've powered stores for dozens of brands, and we're adding more brands and stores each week.
Our brand customers are modern brands who lead or aspire to lead their categories today and tomorrow, and *outstanding* people are literally at the core of our product. Our organization is composed of a diverse range of talented individuals and teams. With functions like Real Estate, Store Design & Development, Retail Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Data Science, we're a truly unique company and our shared ambitions and core values tightly align and drive us to succeed.
Our staff are what make our organization so special and honoring our culture and values as we hire, onboard, engage, develop and support our teams is paramount.
Come take this leap with us. Your ideas, thinking, and voice are wanted.
Mission For The Position:
As a senior Machine Learning Operations Engineer you will develop a self-service foundation for applications of machine learning that will provide scalable business impact. Machine Learning Operations Engineers empower our Machine Learning Engineers to bring their powerful predictive models to production where they drive business critical decisions for Leap and our brand partners. You’ll have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of Machine Learning infrastructure and make foundational decisions about the architecture of the platform.
You'll collaborate with machine learning engineers, data engineers, and business stakeholders to deliver systems that enable fast paced ML development. You'll ensure that applications and data pipelines meet production standards and performance expectations. You'll also regularly pair with our Product and Engineering teams to truly automate applied ML solutions into our testable, monitorable software platform.
What You'll Do:
- Design and build Leap’s next generation ML feature store
- Develop infrastructure for training and serving ML models at scale
- Design self-service and user-friendly tools, APIs, and services that power all of ML at Leap
- Partner with machine learning and data engineers to solve complex feature engineering, data ingestion, pipeline and governance problems for machine learning solutions
- Provide technical mentorship, guidance, and quality-focused code review to ML engineers
- Take ownership of production systems with a focus on delivery, continuous integration, and automation of machine learning workloads
- Serve as a trusted advisor on the application and implementation of ML across Leap
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- A Bachelor’s degree or Masters in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience (ML-focused highly preferred)
- 1+ years of experience developing cloud-native solutions
- Technical experience using modern data tools like dbt and BigQuery
- Familiarity with the practical aspects of machine learning. Prior experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or Data Scientist is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning orchestration frameworks like GCP Vertex AI, AWS Sagemaker, Flyte, Metaflow, Prefect, Kubeflow, etc.
- Knowledge of big data processing tools like Spark, EMR, etc
Outcomes & Measurements of Success:
- Go to our stores, ask questions, try on products, buy products, return products, and experience being a customer first-hand
- Plunge into our existing databases to understand our existing data structures and pipelines
- Learn the fundamental unit economics of our stores and our business
- Pair with our engineers to understand our existing ETLs and data
- Pair with our ML engineers to understand their training and deployment needs
- Communicate constantly with an encouraging, supportive team
Leap EEO Statement:
However you identify, whatever your path to get here; Leap celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining a safe, rewarding, and inclusive environment where Leapers thrive individually and as a team. To achieve our mission, building the world's largest network of branded retail stores – powered by data, systems, and scale; we need to work hard to foster a diverse community to support the brands and customers we serve. These aren't just words; this is who we are. We know that our differences are what make our organization special and are paramount to our culture. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued.