Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As a machine learning engineer you’ll be building the critical infrastructure for the open financial system -- tapping into a variety of large data sources such as the blockchain -- to provide millions of people access to crypto while detecting and preventing bad actors. You’ll not only have the chance to drive significant impact from protecting Coinbase, you’ll also leverage machine learning to make our product delightful by adding intelligence to news, notifications, risk, and much more.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Build and launch excellent productionalized, low-maintenance models.
- Build features and success metrics by disambiguating requirements.
- Leverage state of the art machine learning techniques for a variety of problems across the company including fraud, feed ranking, recommendations and targeting, blockchain mining.
- Setup A/B experiments and iterate until impact is landed.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 4+ yrs of industry experience as a machine learning engineer
- Experience with at least one ML model: Logistic Regression, Gradient Boosting trees, Deep learning, etc.
- Experience with data analysis, feature exploration, ETL, and visualization.
- Experience in one or more of the following: data mining, information retrieval, advanced statistics or natural language processing, computer vision.
- Experience building backend systems at scale with a focus on data processing/machine learning/analytics.
- Exhibit our core cultural values: add positive energy, communicate clearly, be curious, and be a builder.
Nice to haves:
- BS, MS, PhD degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Statistics, or related technical field.
- Knowledge of Apache Airflow, Spark, Flink, Kafka/Kinesis, Snowflake, Hadoop, Hive.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with model interpretability, responsible AI.
What to send:
A resume that describes machine learning models you've built and their business impact.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.