As a Machine Learning Engineer at Liftoff+Vungle, you will:
- Own both the ML models and the underlying software tooling and infrastructure. Our ML Engineer role combines the classic "ML Scientist" and "Data Engineer" role at other companies.
- Have a closed feedback loop from hypothesis generation to live AB testing, with no cross-team friction and sub-day iteration cycles.
- Take on unique modeling challenges not covered in the scientific literature, like extreme positive sample sparsity and labelling delay.
- Work with modeling techniques at the state-of-the-art of probability prediction, as well as a multitude of other ML areas from NLP to CNNs.
- Become an expert in Clojure, Go, and the many other cutting-edge open source technologies that maximize our development velocity.
- Join a nimble, consistently excellent, and experienced engineering team (former Google/LI/Ooyala/etc).
This role is eligible to work out of any of our below North America office locations or is eligible for full-time remote work in one of our entities.
US office locations: Redwood City (HQ), San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, Seattle, Austin (office in 2022)
Additionally, Liftoff+Vungle recently announced approved North American locations from which some employees may request to work from any city and county: California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Georgia, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah and Washington in the US, and Canada.
Desired qualities and experiences:
- Very strong coding ability (experience in Go and Clojure is a plus).
- 3+ years of industry experience applying Machine Learning to large scale problems.
- Strong core CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, architecting systems).
- A passion for quality and excellence, and the ability to temper it when necessary to ship.
- Sets ego aside in pursuit of finding the best solution, no matter where it comes from.
- Self-motivated and a great ability to hustle.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science. PhD a big plus.
Working at Liftoff+Vungle is fast-paced, fun, and challenging, and we thrive on innovation. Come join our team and help shape the future of the mobile app ecosystem. If this role sounds interesting to you, we would love to hear from you!