At Liftoff, we’re solving one of the core problems faced by every mobile app: growth. To do so, we build Machine Learning models and infrastructure that can accurately predict which apps a user will like and how to connect them in a compelling way. Our systems operate at a scale unseen outside of the largest Internet companies -- processing over a million requests per second and interacting with over a billion users. Our technology is creative and we have strong product-market fit; as a result, we've already reached profitability and are seeing tremendous growth.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Liftoff, you will:
- Own both the ML models and the underlying software tooling and infrastructure. Our ML Engineer role combines the classic "ML Scientist" and "Data Engineer" role at other companies.
- Have a closed feedback loop from hypothesis generation to live AB testing, with no cross-team friction and sub-day iteration cycles.
- Take on unique modeling challenges not covered in the scientific literature, like extreme positive sample sparsity and labelling delay.
- Work with modeling techniques at the state-of-the-art of probability prediction, as well as a multitude of other ML areas from NLP to CNNs.
- Become an expert in Clojure, Go, and the many other cutting-edge open source technologies that maximize our development velocity.
- Join a nimble, consistently excellent, and experienced engineering team (former Google/LI/Ooyala/etc).
Desired qualities and experiences:
- Very strong coding ability (experience in Go and Clojure is a plus).
- 3+ years of industry experience applying Machine Learning to large scale problems.
- Strong core CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, architecting systems).
- A passion for quality and excellence, and the ability to temper it when necessary to ship.
- Sets ego aside in pursuit of finding the best solution, no matter where it comes from.
- Self-motivated and a great ability to hustle.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science. PhD a big plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Come join our team and help us shape the future of mobile growth!
Liftoff Mobile, Inc. (“Liftoff”) is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. Liftoff is further committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex, gender (including sexual harassment, gender harassment, and harassment due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, gender nonconformity, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition(s), genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status, family care status, requesting or taking pregnancy, parental or disability leave, requesting an accommodation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. All such discrimination and harassment is unlawful and will not be tolerated. Liftoff maintains a continued commitment to equal employment opportunity and expects the full cooperation of all personnel.