Lending Quality Assurance Analyst at Alliant Credit Union
What will your day look like?
You will support all Lending Lines of Business (Residential, Commercial, and Consumer) with thorough inspection and validation of loan assets generated by origination, underwriting, and processing functions internally and externally. The Lending Quality Assurance Analyst establishes loan origination and underwriting work-product review procedures and sampling regimes sufficient to ensure compliance with Alliant and investor established guidelines and requirements. The incumbent will work closely with line of business subject matter experts on documentation improvements; tests and validates processes, procedures, and systems changes prior to full implementation. The Analyst will monitor and measure the daily work-product of vendors and business partners as necessary to ensure adherence to standards and services level requirements. General direction is received from the Manager, Lending Quality Assurance.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Audit the credit, some compliance and the closing documents of closed loans to ensure they are compliant and accurate
- Remain updated and knowledgeable regarding all compliance changes as well as policy changes
- Re-underwrite and review all underwriting decisions for the monthly QC selection of loans to ensure that all guidelines on mortgage products are being met by mortgage production staff
- Determine if all AUS conditions were input correctly and conditions were satisfied. Review each appraisal for soundness and determine if review appraisal is warranted
- Review all legal documents to ensure accuracy, as appropriate
- Develop a routinized process and checklist for loan level QA review
- Conduct loan level file quality reviews to ensure compliance with regulatory and other investor loan quality requirements.
- Determine both pre-funding and post-funding sampling methodology for the quality reviews
- Identify and document quality shortfalls and deficiency patterns that may impact overall loan salability. Record, measure and report findings to Lending Management.
- Identify checkpoints and opportunities for improvement of current processes that will increase loan quality and advance efficiency and consistency. Make recommendations to Lending Management.
- Communicate and act as the liaison between third parties and Alliant.
- Conduct ongoing review of user documentation and training materials for accuracy and consistency; update as required.
- Maintain knowledge on loan underwriting and industry best practices; determine applicability for the credit union and as appropriate share across lending department.
- Partner with the Lending Line of Business leaders to ensure compliance and quality of internal and third-party provider processes meet Alliant’s established guidelines and lending best practices as identified from loan quality reviews.
- Monitor credit union industry loan trends and keeps abreast of technological changes and opportunities within the lending area.
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintain integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants to this position must either have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered (proof of vaccination is required), or be willing to submit a negative COVID-19 test result in advance of each visit to an Alliant facility.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or a related field, required, and you have:
- Minimum 1-year Quality Assurance experience working for a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- 3+ years’ experience in mortgage, commercial or consumer loan processing with experience as an Underwriter preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mortgage, commercial, and consumer loan origination processes, policies and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong team player with demonstrated initiative
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strategic thinker with proven analytical ability and has strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment; flexibility with changing priorities on a daily basis
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and continuous improvement
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off