Lead Technical Analyst, Analytics at Dentsu (Baltimore, MD)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that inform people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology create improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.Job Description
Merkle is looking for an experienced technical analyst to be a part of its Analytics practice. You will work on industry-leading cloud platforms to develop and implement next-generation analytic solutions, using cloud native and commercial/Open Source Big Data technologies. You will have worked in a professional services environment, supporting marketing and analytics deliverables – an analyst, with technical depth and expertise.
- Understand multiple, complex data sources and develop methodology for joining data to increase value for analytics
- Architect solutions and provide recommendations that drive automation and data quality for analytic deliverables
- Manage coding in SQL and R/Python environments
- Extract and process large quantities of data from data warehouses and other data marts
- Work with multiple internal stakeholders to ensure projects are prioritized and completed promptly
- Active contributor to projects involving data migration and implementation of new solutions on cloud platforms
- Contribute to technical discussions across multiple levels of client stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field required; advanced degree preferred
- 2 or more years of experience in cloud services and exposure to cloud technologies, such as GCP, AWS and Azure
- Working knowledge of cloud services such as BigQuery, S3 data storage, Google Composer, Google Cloud Storage and Redshift
- Understanding of relational database practices and familiarity with data processing
- Experience in a scripting language, preferably Python
- Experience with ETL, APIs and data movement into cloud platforms
- Consulting skills
- Additional experience includes; Airflow, Snowflake, Databricks, digital marketing experience, understanding of media platforms and CRM database solutions
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and state or local laws. To request or discuss accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $91,000 - $114,000. Salary is based on many factors including relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information about dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/.