Lead Software Engineer - Data at JPMorgan Chase (Tampa Bay, FL)
We have an opportunity to impact your career and provide an adventure where you can push the limits of what's possible.
As a Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for conducting critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm's business objectives.
The successful candidate will have a passion for data, ML, Software Development with an emphasis on understanding the data landscape in large and complex organizations.
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
- Leads evaluation sessions with external vendors, startups, and internal teams to drive outcomes-oriented probing of architectural designs, technical credentials, and applicability for use within existing systems and information architecture
- Develop the required data pipelines for moving the data from On-prem to AWS/Cloud platforms and within the Cloud platforms .
- Setup mechanism to capture and store feedback data (model misclassifications corrected by the operating users) so it be pushed to S3 on schedule
- Perform user acceptance testing and deliver demos to stakeholders by SQL queries or Python scripts.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Minimum of 5 plus years of Professional experience working in an agile, data engineer, Python and academic qualification in a engineering/technology related field or the foreign equivalent
- Understanding of distributed systems and cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) and Experience with a scheduling system (Airflow, Azkaban, etc.)
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Understanding of data streaming and scalable data processing frameworks (Kafka, Spark Structured Streaming, Flink, Beam etc.) and Experience with SQL (any dialect)
- Experience in all stages of software development lifecycle (requirements, design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, release, and support) and Experience with large scale datasets, data lake and data warehouse technologies
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code (ideally Terraform) for Cloud based data infrastructure. Extensive knowledge of Python, Pyspark and Pandas.
- Experience with a scheduling system (Airflow, Glue work flow, etc.) and Understanding of (distributed and non-distributed) data structures, caching concepts.
- Advanced understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Demonstrated proficiency in software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns that lead to high-quality maintainable solutions.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, agile environment within a geographically distributed team and ability to focus on promptly addressing customer needs
- Ability to work within a diverse and inclusive team
- Technically curious, self-motivated, versatile and solution oriented
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.