Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analysis of source systems to determine required transformations
- Writes the technical design and mapping specifications for ETL development
- Identifies methods of improving performance in ETL design and development
- Analyses customer requirements, improving performance on existing scripts /process/procedures, and document detailed user requirements and program functions
- Monitors database performance, support application users, determine cost of database changes, and train team members on applications
- Coordinates the work of others to develop, test, install, and modify programs and establish physical database parameters
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a variety of audience types
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information technology (or related fields) from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of ETL experience
- 2+ years of using IBM DataStage V7 or higher
- 2+ years of Teradata architecture and loading utilities like TPT, TEQ, FLOAD and MLOAD
- 2+ years of SQL experience to include writing scripts and queries, along with Data analysis skills.
- Experience with Unix commands and shell scripting
- Understanding of IT fundamentals, architecture, and the system development life cycle
- Proven solid technical writing skills
- Experience using Erwin to design data models
- Experience using XML with DataStage
- Experience reading, understanding and importing COBOL copybooks into InfoSphere DataStage
- Experience using QualityStage
- Knowledge of 837 and NCPDP HIPAA Transactions
- Knowledge of Healthcare with Medicaid or Public Health data
- Ability to work a Hybrid schedule in our Sacramento, CA office
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.