Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
Cision analyzes massive amounts of data to help public relations teams better manage their brands and is investing in data science to improve the products we offer. You have a chance to be a part of this at an early stage - helping drive significant value by working on highly visible projects that involve challenging machine learning problems.
As a Staff Machine Learning Engineer, your primary focus will be building machine learning systems that integrate with our products. This will require a good understanding of the machine learning project lifecycle, the ability to write highly-performant code, and an excellent understanding of software engineering best practices.
On any given day you’ll be…
- Setting up and running distributed training and inference cycles using AWS Sage Maker
- Building scalable ETL pipelines using various AWS services like S3, EMR, Lambdas, etc.
- Building model inference pipelines to better understand the efficacy of models in production or for compliance reporting
- Searching for open sourced models to solve various NLP tasks
- Design, build and deploy machine learning systems
- Work independently to build tools and services to improve machine learning processes
- Work closely with data scientists, product managers, and other engineers, to translate prototypes into production systems
- Design large scale data processing pipelines
- Contribute to team’s technical vision, and design and direction for marquee features
- Demonstrate sound judgement in taking risks, managing workload, escalating issues and concerns
- Provide mentorship and guidance to others on numerous aspects of software development as it relates to machine learning, and data science as needed
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, preferably in a software development environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience productionalizing advanced mathematical and statistical techniques to business problems
- Expertise in building production ML software both in batch & in real-time
- Experience integrating API endpoints for serving machine learning models
- Experience building pipelines with tools such as Apache Spark and EMR
- Proficient with several ML/NLP frameworks (scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Theano)
- Advanced degree in a relevant quantitative field (e.g., computer science, mathematics, statistics, etc.)
- Experience building systems in cloud environment a plus or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.
More Information on Cision
Cision operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL and Houston, TX. Cision was founded in 1867. It has 2736 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 92 open jobs at Cision, click here.
Read Full Job Description