It’s our mission to build a world that communicates more humanly. Since 2001, we’ve been delivering innovative and powerful communication solutions. Today, we’re a communication intelligence company applying powerful machine intelligence and carefully developed algorithms to deliver effective human engagement at scale even when we are not face to face — all guided by our values of Listening, Respect, Innovation, and Passion.
Our customers use Whispir to communicate across multiple channels from SMS to email, to dynamic landing pages, voice and more – all easily configured to meet their specific needs. All of our customers benefit from our low code – no code platform and powerful APIs. Our promise is to deliver a platform capable of achieving the world’s highest engagement rates.About the Position
Your focus will be on providing day to day technical leadership for your team. Technical leadership will involve guiding your team in building technical solutions. For this, you will work closely with product owners and our architects as well as coordinate with technical leads from other teams.
- Work closely with product managers to design, evaluate, plan and estimate product features
- Drive continuous improvement of practices and solutions
- Be an advocate for best practices and adoption of new technologies
- Ensure solutions are built with quality in mind and fulfil non-functional requirements
- Provide technical leadership for the team on a day to day basis
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to ensure functional and non-functional requirements of solutions are met (such as security, compliance, legality)
- Take on challenging and complex coding tasks
- Write modular, testable code to solve data problems
- Work together with Engineering team peers to find the optimal implementation of AI algorithms.
- Build useful tools to help speed up the data science process
- Align with other technical and product leaders
- Contribute to continuous improvement of practices and solutions
- Support the other members of the team on achieving the teams goals
- Contribute to all agile cadences of the team such as planning sessions and retrospectives
- Work within your development plan to build and extend your technical and non-technical skills
- Provide after-hours support as part of our application teams weekly support roster when required
Even if you don't meet this criteria perfectly but believe you have lots to bring to the role, we encourage you to apply. We know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap - you don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
- Software Engineering skills to write production grade code including writing clean code, familiarity with SOLID/DRY principles, SDLC, TDD, general ability to maintain a codebase in a good shape
- Solid programming skills in at least one Programming language Python, Scala, Go etc.
- ML Engineering skills to bridge the gap between Data Science and Software Engineering worlds by working closely with them to package models into applications
- Hands-on working experience with key Machine Learning and Data Science fundamental
- Excellent understanding of & experience in end-to-end Machine Learning development lifecycle all the way from ideation/brainstorming to proof of concepts/prototyping, data ingestion, exploration, model building to productionising, deploying, monitoring and maintaining ML Solutions/Applications
- MLOps/DevOps Platform Experience to Architect, Build and Maintain Infrastructure for ML
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, Automated testing/Continuous deployments, GitOps experience would be a bonus
- Experience with Containerisation using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Microservices and Event Driven Architecture patterns
- Experience with Architecting, standing up and maintaining infrastructure (preferably with infrastructure as code) on one of the major cloud providers
- DevOps / MLOps experience specifically in the areas of Distributed training, Data Versioning/Lineage, ML Pipelines, API design etc. with focus on First Principles around Clean Design, Scalability, Security and Reliability
- Experience with mentoring other developers
- Encouraging diversity and inclusion
Why We Think You Will Love Working at Whispir
- Totally flexible working hours because you know how to get the most out of your day
- Birthday paid leave
- Volunteer and engage with community paid leave
- Ongoing monthly WFH allowance
- Women of Whispir program to connect senior female leaders with women across the company to promote connection, networking and mentoring opportunities
Whispir is an endorsed employer for all women; check out our benefits directly at WORK180: Whispir Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
Whispir places a high value on inclusion. Those from under represented communities are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is definitely not limited to, people with a lived-experience of mental ill health, culturally and linguistically diverse people, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities.
We take our core values seriously and work hard to create an environment where you feel welcomed. Teams who reflect a diversity of experience, identity, perspective, and background help us to create a healthy & inclusive working culture
If this has resonated with you, we look forward to hearing from you soon!