Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the Role
At Panorama, we have a big-picture vision to radically improve student outcomes and advance student equity by helping educators act on data and research to improve their practice.
Research is critical to the work we do—our survey measures, reporting analytics, and product offerings. It’s part of our identity.
If you thrive on connecting learning science to educational practice, continue reading. We are seeking a Lead Learning Scientist who will partner with colleagues across our organization, most importantly our product, design, and engineering leaders, to apply social science scholarship to product development and company strategy.
- You’ll provide timely, relevant, authoritative, and usable guidance to leaders across the organization, based on best practices and scholarship from social science.
- You’ll help hire, organize, and support a team of research scientists with complementary backgrounds and expertise to execute high-value research projects in a rigorous, timely manner.
- You’ll proactively incorporate evidence and insights from psychology, educational research, learning science, and human development into high-level product strategies, planning, and decision-making.
- You’ll collaborate with cross-functional groups of software engineers, data scientists, product managers, and product designers to imagine, design, and build research-based products that are used and loved by practitioners
- You’ll help build a network of leading education scholars and policy experts to advise Panorama on product strategy.
- You’ll design and oversee high-impact empirical research that leverages Panorama’s unique datasets to address key questions of interest to practitioners and policymakers
- You’ll communicate research findings to colleagues, clients, and the education community at large, and author thought-leadership pieces for placement in important publications.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- A terminal research degree in a relevant field (e.g., social science Ph.D., EdD), and preferably at least two years of postdoctoral experience in education research
- At least five years of experience working in an industry setting to apply social science to K12 educational practice
- At least two years of professional experience working with software engineers, product designers, and/or product managers to develop educational products
- Scholarly expertise in relevant domains, including but not limited to educational psychology, human development, and social-emotional learning
- A compelling record of written and oral communication, with preferably one or more relevant first-authored publications in leading peer-reviewed journals
- A deep understanding of and empathy with the real-world challenges faced by educators
- A passion for using research to radically improve student outcomes
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided. (Paused due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.