Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As part of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team, the person will be responsible for all aspects of activities including framework and methodology development, implementation, execution and analysis of Economic Capital (EC) and CCAR Operational Risk programs, capital assessment, risk quantification, risk aggregation, capital allocation and capital usage in various business lines. The person will solve business problems by leveraging data science techniques such as statistical modeling, optimization, advanced analytics and machine learning. The person will also help to Identify, measure, monitor, and report risk across the business and provide analytical support to various initiatives.Responsibilities
- Develop and implement of advanced analytics using data science tools including prescriptive analytics and machine learning algorithms & recommendation to ensure economic capital and operational risk quantification methods, in line with industry best practices and regulatory requirement.
- Support economic capital assessments and CCAR operational risk forecasting processes including data integrity check, process execution, attribution analysis, reporting automation, and ad-hoc capital analytics for new acquisition and other new initiatives
- Operates as a subject matter expert on modeling & application, statistical and data analysis, analysis methodology, reporting and financial impact analysis. Develops timely analyses and reports for regulatory request, business partners in Credit Risk and Finance, Treasury, Marketing, Internal Audit, Model Risk Management, and various committees
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners to understand the business needs, provides capital advice and support to business units and finance on current product investment decisions and the launch of new products and initiatives, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes forecasting, data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations. Delivers effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative information.
- Consistently follows standard work processes, documentation and model governance requirements. Recommends improvement to work processes to increase efficiency while maintaining quality of work. Continuously improves technical and leadership skills through training and development.
- Develops and automates reports and dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Business Administration, Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Financial Services, Risk Management, IT, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Financial Analyst, Data Analyst, Risk Analyst, Statistician, Risk Management, Financial Services, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 2+ Experience in Credit Risk, Analytics, Financial and Capital Management, Modeling/Data Science or related
- Proficient in one or more of the mathematical and statistical modeling tools/languages including
- 2 + years’ experience with VBA, SAS, R, Python and SQL
- Familiar with AWS Cloud, snowflake big data technique and experience using Essbase
- Experience with statistical modeling, Machine Learning, Data Mining and other statistical advanced techniques is a plus
- Master’s degree in Analytics, Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Operations research, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Science, or other quantitative fields preferred
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.