Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions. (And because a job description can only contain a fraction of how we operate, click here to learn more about the Tech Team at Tegus!)
As a Lead Data Engineer, you will empower decision-making at Tegus in a dynamic, collaborative operating environment. As one of our first data engineers, you will have a big impact on shaping the technology stack for our data platform and will mentor future Data Engineers on the team. In this role you will work with Data Analytics, Product, Operations, Sales, Marketing, and upper management to develop a robust data infrastructure that supports strategic initiatives. You will design, develop, and maintain data sources, data models, ETL that support the efficient creation of recurring reports, dashboards, and structured analysis. To sustain the health of the data infrastructure, you will identify, define, and collaborate on requirements for data collection, transformation, and delivery.
- Create and own an end-to-end, efficient, and repeatable process for delivering data and data services to business stakeholders, including data modeling and building robust data pipelines.
- Assess the current technologies used in our data platform and make technology and process choices that optimally support the future growth of Tegus.
- Develop and maintain data lake and data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures for data access and knowledge sharing.
- Create robust datasets that support insightful dashboards and reports.
- Establish and maintain company-wide standards for source-of-truth data and data quality, diagnose and resolve data infrastructure issues, and monitor the quality of data processes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to deliver data-driven product and business insights.
- Help expand the capabilities of the team through hiring and mentoring.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science or similar fields or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of six years working in a data engineering role, including at least three in a lead or managerial role.
- Proven ability to expand the technical capabilities and effectiveness of less experienced colleagues.
- Expertise in data pipelines, ETL, ELT, data ingestion/cleansing, and engineering skills.
- Demonstrated success in making critical technology choices that drive the design, development, maintenance, and growth of an enterprise data platform including data warehousing with multiple data sources (for example, Snowflake or AWS).
- Demonstrated success delivering data models and ETL that create robust data pipelines using technologies such as Airflow, Fivetran, or AWS Glue.
- Expertise working in SQL, bonus for PostgreSQL experience.
- Strong experience supporting the build-out of dashboards and reporting in an enterprise business intelligence system such as Domo, Looker, or Tableau.
Benefits & Perks
- Remote-friendly - work wherever you're most productive.
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans.
- 401(k) plan with an employer match.
- Paid parental leave for all parents.
- All employees are granted equity through our Restricted Stock Units (RSU) Program.
- Unlimited paid vacation, flexible work hours, and 10 observed paid holidays per year.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- The opportunity to attend peer-nominated quarterly DEI events.
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within, career advancement and transparency.
- The option to work from a state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, mother rooms, gender neutral bathrooms, subsidized gym access, and full amenity floor.
- Commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
And for candidates in Chicago:
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
The only @email addresses we use are @tegus.co or @tegus.com. If you receive emails from any other domain (including .us), please assume they are fraudulent and let us know by sending an email to [email protected]