Lead Data Analyst at Zipline (Remote)
Zipline’s Data team is responsible for powering data-driven decision making across the entire organization.
We are hiring a talented and experienced Lead Data Analyst to join our small, but growing Data team and play a critical role in empowering all team members to make decisions with data. Doing our job well means that we enable the entire organization’s ability to make more informed decisions, innovate faster, and serve our customers better.
In this role, you will work directly with our Data, Engineering, Operations, Go-to-Market, and Finance teams to support the organization's data analytics needs.What You'll Do
- Deep dive into our data, create intuitive visualizations, and present actionable insights to a variety of stakeholders.
- Create high quality metrics and reporting in order to continuously improve our daily operations and processes, root cause problems, and measure the success of projects and initiatives.
- Build predictive models that help us improve the performance of our drones and reduce stockout rates at our distribution centers.
- Maintain the integrity of our data by proactively identifying issues and working with our engineering and operations teams to implement robust solutions that will enable us to scale and operate more efficiently.
- Share your knowledge across the company by mentoring and managing other analysts and leveling up our collective technical expertise.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and comfort with Python and libraries commonly used for data analysis and visualization, e.g., Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, and Matplotlib
- Strong understanding of descriptive statistics, probability, and statistical modeling
- Experience with BI tools such as Sisense, Tableau, Looker, or similar tools
- Adept at summarizing large datasets visually that make complex results understandable at a glance
- Adept at triaging analysis requests and balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and stakeholders at once
- Extremely high standards and obsession for data accuracy
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex topics in simple language to different types of audiences
- Passion and excitement to serve as a technical mentor and thought leader at Zipline
- Nice to have: Experience in schema design and dimensional data modeling, ideally using tools like dbt
- Nice to have: Experience with tools commonly used in data orchestration and processing such as Airflow and Spark