Lead Data Analyst - Core Services at Uber
About the Role
Uber's Core Services team provides the innovations in safety, support, payments, and insurance to help all users experience a smooth ride or delivery on Uber's platform. In order to do this, our processes and services need to run efficiently!
We're looking for an experienced Lead Data Analyst to work directly with the VP of Core Services to identify, investigate, and determine the root cause for issues which come up within the Core Services Platform. This senior role reports to the Head of Core Services Analytics.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Work closely with Uber's Core Services Product Managers, Engineers, and Operations Team to understand business and data relationships
- Prioritize, through data, product or process areas needing investigation and analysis
- Perform data analysis into issues impacting our users in order to find root cause
- Work with Core Services leadership team to suggest path to remediate issues
- Bachelor's in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field.
- Experience with Data ETL, Data Profiling
- Experience with SQL as well as distributed data variant such as HiveQL and PrestoSQL/Trino
- Proficient with a scripting language, such Python or R, for data analysis
- Minimum 8 years as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Engineer or equivalent
- Experience working with data to diagnose products and processes
- Investigative, detail-oriented, and sharp - able to detect and find the root cause for anomalies, errors, or issues
- Well-honed communication and presentation skills: able to transform a complex quantitative analysis into a succinct executive level reports
- Experience in data engineering or log analysis a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.