Rescale (@rescaleinc) is the leading hybrid cloud platform delivering intelligent computing for digital R&D, and enabling more than 300 customers from startups to Fortune 50 enterprises to accelerate design cycles and time to market. Founded by former Boeing aerospace engineers, Rescale gives research scientists and engineers the ability to automate their workflows across simulation and artificial intelligence applications, fully automated and performance optimized against the best high performance computing architectures.
Using Rescale, industry leaders are accelerating new chip designs, enabling computational drug discovery, powering the design of new rockets and supersonic jets, and building a sustainable energy future.
Lead Cloud Architect/Data Engineer Role
We are seeking a Lead Cloud Architect/Data Engineer to join our Rescale Compass Services team and lead our cutting-edge cloud, supercomputing, and data initiatives and engagements with industry-leading engineering and scientific companies. In this role, you will be a founding member of Rescale Compass Services, a top-echelon technical services team of domain-experts that inspires innovation, enables technology advancement, and pioneers market-leading cloud HPC technologies for our customers. Your contributions will accelerate innovation and inspire the art-of-the-possible in engineering and scientific advancement.
You Will Work On and Impact:
- Solve the toughest technical problems facing industry leaders by leveraging your software, engineering, cloud, and domain expertise, including: Physics-informed ML Development, Large-scale Design Exploration, Synthetic Data Generation, Autonomous Vehicle Simulation, Multidisciplinary Optimization, Data Pipeline/Intelligent Storage, PLM/SPDM Integration.
- Define, develop, and deliver solutions to customer’s cutting-edge technical problems by leveraging the scale and capability of Rescale’s Cloud HPC platform, expertise, and partners.
- Partner with our Solutions Architects team, Customer Success Engineering team, and HPC engineering team to deliver world-class services offering to key strategic customers.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering team to develop and scope requirements to enhance the platform or provide integration points to enable and support services work.
- Inspire the art-of-the-possible and demonstrate the state-of-the-art to position Rescale as a global leader in engineering and scientific innovation.
What We’re Looking For:
- B.S. in computer science, engineering, or a related field; M.S. or Ph.D. preferred.
- Founder’s mentality to define and build Rescale Compass Services offerings with the flexibility and dedication to deliver exceptional service to Rescale’s customers.
- 3+ years of customer-facing experience in technical consulting, cloud architecture, or engineering services.
- 5+ years of programming experience with Java or Python with strong object-oriented software devops skills.
- Project management experience leading development projects requiring multiple weeks of effort on behalf of several engineers.
- Expertise in cloud computing architectures and storage/database design leveraging public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, and GCP).
- General knowledge of high-performance computing (HPC).
- Familiarity in at least one of these areas: CFD, FEA, Financial Services, Molecular Dynamics, Autonomous Vehicles, Weather Forecasting, Computational Chemistry, Seismic simulation or Rendering.
About Your Team
- Manager: Eric Muir, Senior Manager of Rescale Compass Services
- Team: Peter Lyu - VP of Global Solutions and Customer Success, Bernardo Mendez - Solutions Architect Manager
- You will work with: Solutions, Customer Success, Sales, HPC Engineering, Engineering, and Product.
Rescale is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Rescale will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
More Information on Rescale
Rescale operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Rescale was founded in 2011. It has 211 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and 401(K). To see all 38 open jobs at Rescale, click here.
Read Full Job Description