Lead Analyst, Media Analytics at Dentsu (Charlotte, NC)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.Job Description
A highly qualified analytics professional with professional experience optimizing multiple digital marketing channels as well as leading projects/analysts to greatness. The Digital Media Analytics Lead Analyst is focused on supporting our Digital Media business (PPC/SEO, Display, Paid Social) within the Digital Agency Group. The position will be providing analytic direction on strategic clients and helping guide analysts to improve our clients’ digital marketing programs. The Digital Media Analytics Lead Analyst will serve as a primary point of contact between many of our clients and stakeholders around managing and enhancing our clients’ digital measurement. They will also be part of a growing multifaceted digital analytics team that develops advanced analytic solutions for top companies across industries.
- Architect solutions & provide recommendations that drive results on client campaigns & objectives
- Develop custom performance reporting and analyses across multiple channels/clients
- Project manage the coding of models in SQL/Hadoop-Hive and R/Python
- Work with various internal stakeholders to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner
- Quickly understand multiple data sources and develop methodology for joining data that will add value
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics or related quantitative field required; advanced degree preferred
- 3 - 5 years of experience in digital marketing
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple digital marketing channels
- Understanding of relational databases and familiarity with data processing
- Experience with high-level scripting languages
- Experience managing a team of analysts or other creative thinkers
- Quantitative field academic/professional experience (Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Engineering)
- Experience with digital marketing or web analytics preferred (Omniture, CoreMetrics, Google Analytics, WebTrends, etc.)
- Media Platforms and 3rd Party Tools (Google Adwords, DoubleClick, MediaMath, Bing Ads, ExactTarget, Hitwise, BrightEdge, Facebook, etc.)
- CRM Data Analysis (Customer Segmentation, Churn, Lifetime Value, Acquisition, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and consulting skills
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.