Lead Analyst, Compliance Testing & Monitoring at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As part of the Compliance Programs team, you will help to create a central global function focused on developing a best in class compliance management system, which will support all regional and core compliance team functions. This team is responsible for compliance risk management through a combination of development, assessment and oversight of key compliance programs throughout Circle.
Specifically, this position will help scale our compliance Testing and Monitoring function. You will be responsible for performing independent testing activities (testing and on-going monitoring) to assess the design and effectiveness of key controls designed to address compliance risk, designing test plans, identifying control deficiencies, and validating adequacy of remediation taken to address reported issues.
What you'll work on:
- Participate in the planning, scoping, executing, and reporting of compliance testing reviews and compliance and regulatory issue validation activities
- Create detailed testing procedures and scripts to guide the testing process and ensure testing objectives are met.
- Evaluate design and operating effectiveness of controls, assess identified findings, determine root causes, propose risk ratings in accordance with internal guidelines and standards, and draft recommendations and reports.
- Analyze and document testing findings, and have preliminary discussions with corresponding control/process owners to ensure accuracy and completeness of the findings.
- Prepare and deliver compliance testing reports and workpapers that clearly present the results of testing and call out material findings and recommendations.
- Work with business management to develop appropriate corrective actions to address material findings in testing and ensure appropriate remediation
- Validate that control weaknesses identified through testing are tracked, evaluated, prioritized based on risk, responded to, and properly closed
- Aggregate and monitor testing results for trends, and escalate concerns to the appropriate levels of leadership
- Support the development of the Annual risk-based Compliance Testing Plan, Regulatory Monitoring summaries and enhancement of the Compliance Testing Methodologies and Standards for auditing, testing, monitoring, and reporting.
- Partner with program owners, subject matter experts and all relevant stakeholders to understand requirements (e.g. laws, regulations, guidelines, policies) of compliance, enterprise programs and products.
- Use SQL and data visualization tools to mine and organize data from various internal systems and data libraries for compliance testing and for other data analysis and reporting needs.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 7+ years relevant experience in compliance testing, internal audit or related discipline
- Experience in planning, executing, and reporting on compliance testing reviews and regulatory issue validation activities, preferably in a BSA/AML/OFAC capacity
- SQL abilities to evaluate data quality and develop complex queries for analysis
- Detailed knowledge of compliance standards as they relate to OFAC, AML, KYC, Card Brand, money transmission, virtual assets, payments and e-money.
- Knowledge and experience with auditing principles including audit planning, risk assessments, development of risks and controls matrices, processes and controls design assessments, controls operating effectiveness testing, transactional access segregation of duties, transactional testing, surveillance systems, and reporting activities
- Strong communication, planning and project management skills
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret data
- Demonstrated understanding of and passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- Experience and comfort working in an ever-changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote