Jr Database Administrator at WellSky (Remote)
WellSky is seeking a Jr DBA to join our team. You will have impact on the users of our solutions, mainly doctors, nurses, and others on the front lines of healthcare and community services. Your hard work will touch the lives of real people and families navigating life and death issues with the support of our solutions. We seek to build purpose-driven teams where comradery and compassion are coupled with a dogged pursuit of excellence.
A day in the life?
You will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting performance, stability and availability issues in a high volume and highly transactional database environment.
- Building, designing, documenting and deploying database objects based on best practices and industry standards
- Working with development teams to perform regular DB code reviews for quality and performance improvements and provide technical guidance
- Working with product support and services team to support their database needs on a day-to-day basis
- Performing routine and regular database maintenance operations and providing 24/7 on call support rotation
Do you have what it takes?
- At least 2 years hands-on experience with SQL Server including design, programming, support and administration of OLTP, DW and Reporting databases
- At least 2 years hands-on experience monitoring and tuning multi-tenant database in high availability and high-volume web-based environments
- At least 2 years hands-on operational experience with strong understanding of database structures, data modeling, database schema design, database administration, principles and practices
- At least 2 years DB experience in Azure environments
Do you stand above the rest?
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferred majors are Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems/Decision Sciences, Mathematics, Sciences, or other STEM related majors.
- Experience working with Windows server including Active Directory
- Experience developing application with .Net technologies
WellSky is a technology company leading the movement for intelligent, coordinated care worldwide. Our next-generation software, analytics, and services power better outcomes and lower costs for stakeholders across the health and community care continuum. In today’s value-based care environment, WellSky helps providers, payers, health systems, and community organizations solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, harness the power of data analytics, and achieve better outcomes by further connecting clinical and social care. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks, cell therapy labs, blood centers, home health and hospice franchises, post-acute providers, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates clients’ needs and innovates relentlessly to ultimately help more people thrive.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, including generous paid time off programming, and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity, and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All U.S.-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.