IT System Support / Implementation Analyst - Remote at Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department Overview911 Datamaster, a subsidiary of Motorola Solutions, has for the past 20+ years been in the business of providing software solutions for 911 call routing and the management of 911 data for call routing.
This position is open to all remote candidates based in the US.
You will be a part of the Implementation and Customer Support team.
- Performs IT functions such as analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs.
- Analyzes operating systems, database, or utilities software.
- Plans, conducts, and directs the analysis of business problems with systems solutions.
- Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, and debugging computer systems.
- Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
- Involved in customer installation and training.
- Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Creates tests, tools, and diagnostic procedures for use by product support personnel.
- May quality check technical product documentation.
- Experience with Esri ArcGIS, SQL Server, and Azure Dev Ops
- Ability to use scripting toolsets
- Familiarity with HTTP, REST, FTP, etc.
- Ability to test APIs using tools such as PostMan.
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies.
- Enjoys “breaking” systems in the lab and then fixing them.
- Take help desk tickets and reproduce in the lab.
- Expert at researching issues and correlating them to the problems being reported to find resolution. This is regarding security vulnerabilities being reported, stack traces found in the Windows Event Log, correlating other third party software issues to how they could impact our software.
- Ability to find workarounds for something that isn't immediately fixable.
High school diploma or equivalent
At least 3+ years of professional experience performing IT support functions such as analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs.
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.