IT Business Analyst - Ecommerce and Digital Platforms Consumer 360 at Jack Link's Protein Snacks (Minneapolis, MN)
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into the world’ largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground, to realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Join the team, make a difference, be part of something bigger.
Link Snacks, Ink (“Jack Link’s”) is the #1 Meat Snack brand in the U.S. Headquartered in Minong, Wisconsin, Link Snacks is a family-owned and operated company that represents a heritage of quality, safety and innovation. The company is made up of passionate team members who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products. Sold in more than 40 countries, the Link Snacks’ family of companies owns a portfolio of brands that includes Jack Link’s®, Lorissa’s Kitchen®, Wild River®, Golden Island®, MATADOR®, BiFi®, and Peperami®.
The Product Owner Consumer 360 will continually seek to improve IT solutions and deliver business value faster and more effectively. They engage with Jack Link’s business leaders, listen carefully to understand business objectives and what challenges teams are facing, then develop a roadmap at the intersection of business goals and technology. The Product Owner Team also develops technology solutions from concept to delivery, while managing and prioritizing the product backlog.
The Product Owner will partner with Consumer facing business teams working on projects that align with Jack Link’s overall strategies. The Product Owner should possess solid Ecommerce and Digital platform capabilities, domain knowledge and expertise, and should be experts in translating business requirements into functional specifications or system configurations.
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Advance the Consumer 360 product goals or end-to-end solutions by leveraging relevant technologies
- Be the expert (or leverage expertise) of the critical systems / applications used in the Digital Platform, Ecommerce area to leverage all the features available
- Create and update the technology roadmap in partnership with Digital Platform, Ecommerce and Marketing business & technology team leaders
- Provide project and work priority guidance, managing internal resources and day-to-day 3rd party consulting partners in various cycles of software development, testing and support activities
- Establish well-defined requirements with business teams in order to provide appropriate solutions which include evaluations of user experience, time and complexity to deliver, cost, ongoing maintenance requirements and other similar considerations
- Provide clarity and direction to development teams by blending technical knowledge with business process understanding to develop clear and effective user stories (or Functional Specifications) and backlog items
- Ensure each story or backlog item has the suitable acceptance criteria
- Own the Consumer 360 product backlog – grooming, prioritizing, and refining
- Work with development teams so that clear understanding of backlog items is achieved by providing guidance and clarification when sought (Attend daily stand-ups as needed, etc.)
- Work with development teams to set goals and definition of done for sprints, and communicate new functionality of changes to stakeholders
- Act as primary liaison between stakeholders, scrum master and development team members. If effort or project does not utilize scrum framework, act as primary liaison between stakeholders and development team members
- Participate in sprint planning and sprint retrospective meetings
- Performs other duties and responsibilities such as testing and training as necessary
Required Education: BS/BA Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience either as Sr. BA or product owner in Ecommerce or Digital Platform area
- Experience in an agile environment developing user stories and requirements, backlog prioritization and grooming, collaborating across diverse global regions, businesses, technologies, and architecture.
- Functional/technical product knowledge or specific domain expertise with applications such as Magento, Avalara, Stripe, 1World Sync, Word Press, Digital Wallet, Apple Pay, Google Pay as well as Customer Syndication experience with tools such as 1WS, Salsify, Syndigo.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences including various levels of management, vendors, business teams with varied levels of skill/experience. Ability to clearly communicate technical subject matter to a non-technical audience. Strong interpersonal skills in a diverse cultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment and make sound decisions in urgent situations. Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority, especially among development teams
- Demonstrated success in maximizing product value in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong partnerships across business and technology areas
- Advanced knowledge of Scrum framework (PSF certification)
- Familiarity with SAP ERP.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
- Influential leader able to facilitate discussions between multi-functional teams and enable them to discover solutions to complex problems
- Able to build effective working relationships with leaders across the company
- Expert collaborator, capable of managing multiple initiatives with conflicting priorities simultaneously with a high degree of independence
- Ability to be constantly connected to full suite of team members involved in the product, actively listens and learns in every conversation
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable presenting to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely
- Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies
- Has a high resilience, solutions-oriented approach, and entrepreneurial mindset
- Able to use agile thinking to break large problems into smaller, quicker, achievable wins
- Can think outside of what is currently ‘in-play’ if necessary, to maximize full value of the Jack Link’s brand with products that can differentiate
- Proficient with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Proficient in Testing and Documentation using proper methodologies
- Proficient in conducting meetings including use of remote collaboration and meeting tools
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.