Inventory Planning Analyst at Curriculum Associates
Inventory Planning Analyst
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren't sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is looking for a talented individual to join our Fulfillment Operations team as an Inventory Planning Analyst. This highly visible position will conduct sales analyses, prepare, and manage forecasts, as well as coordinate reprints with Buyers. Requires ability to work cross-functionally with various departments, such as Procurement, Sales Operations, Marketing, Product Development, Customer Service, and Warehouse Operations, to maintain optimal service for our external educators. A successful candidate will be detail-oriented, a strong communicator with advanced excel skills, demonstrate problem-solving and analytical skills, take initiative, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The impact you'll have:
- Leverage and analyze data from multiple sources to project inventory needs
- Work with Sales to determine sales projections and appropriate inventory levels required to support revenue goals
- Work closely with Purchasing team on placement of initial orders and reorders, prioritization of reprints, and assurance of timely delivery and receipt of products
- Maintain and develop reporting, models, tools, and dashboards to proactively manage inventory forecasting
- Consistently monitor inventory levels of items to ensure stock availability and minimize excesses and backorders
- Monitor slow-moving stock and conduct sales analyses to recommend products for destruction or discontinuation
- Work with Marketing to ensure all marketing materials are available for sample boxes and standalone sample demand
- Serve as product owner for our inventory forecasting system and the central hub of communication for inventory plans and logistics
- Advice and support company decision-making by developing an encyclopedic knowledge of our print products and understanding of our business processes and industry trends
- Utilize strong problem-solving skills to identify areas to increase efficiency in our supply chain management processes and lead cross-functional improvement initiatives
- Develop a strong understanding of the end-to-end supply chain process to streamline communication and data flows
Who we're looking for:
- You have professional experience with Sales Operations, including supply chain, forecasting, etc.
- You have a deep-seated passion for data, creating efficiencies, and understanding processes end-to-end
- You are a team player who communicates and works well with a wide range of people
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while working independently and taking initiative
- You are an expert problem solver with analytical strengths
- You have a detail-oriented mindset and proven organizational and time management skills
- You have some experience with Salesforce, SQL, and/or Domo
- You have boundless curiosity and are committed to forever learning
Location: This role will be based either remotely or at our Littleton, MA offices. Please note that remote candidates should expect at least 20% travel to our Massachusetts offices annually.