Interchange Analyst at FIS (Richmond, VA)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the role & team:
This role will be focused on international Payment Network interchange compliance and implementation of mandates. As part of a growing global team, the role will include managing the Payment Network interchange mandates across multiple processing platforms. Duties will also include analyzing data, working to optimize our processing platforms, collaborating, and developing relationships with key stakeholders and providing expertise to our various lines of business.
What you will be doing
- Gather and analyze Payment Network bulletins and release documentation, prepare interchange summarizes for the Lines of Business and Development
- Prepare reports for management summarizing results of research, analyses, and evaluation of any discrepancies
- Perform technical analysis to determine present and future impact of interchange updates from the Payment Networks
- Collaborate with various lines of business across the company to implement and communicate interchange updates and changes impacting all platforms
- Provide expertise to the Development and Pricing Teams as well as customer facing groups within the company
- Work closely with our Development Teams with the integration of interchange programs including but not limited to documentation and summaries of each change. Also assist with testing pre and post-production
- Investigate and action identified issues relating to interchange and work with our Development Teams to address
- Assist with performing impact analyses for merchant inquiries regarding their interchange expense
- Performs analyses to identify interchange optimization opportunities for merchants and FIS
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting and/or 3+ years of industry & interchange experience.
- Must have a strong understanding of interchange management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with motivation to find end-to-end solutions
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in an evolving environment and sometimes shifting priorities
- Willingness to take the initiative and continuously learn
- Ability to create spreadsheets and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and & SQL
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
What we offer you
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.