Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Systems Engineering Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides advanced systems engineering and technology applications for intelligence and information enterprises. These applications and solutions deliver enterprise data management, data analytics, modeling and simulation, and technology assessment capabilities that are used to create products that offer actionable information in support of warfighters and decision makers.
Intelligence Analyst II - Junior Mission Planner
This position will be located at Creech AFB in Nevada.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide LO ISR mission planner support to various units located at Creech AFB, NV.
- Review, build, prepare, certify and save mission plans for routine test, peacetime and wartime operations, training (aircraft and simulator), exercise, routine planning/training.
- Identify threats and survivability for proper decision making to best meet mission objectives.
- Provide technical support and guidance on effective planning and employment of LO ISR assets.
- Perform Deliberate Planning, and Crisis Action Planning, utilizing available mission planning tools; to satisfy warfighter and mission needs throughout the Air Tasking Order cycle in multiple Areas of Operational Responsibility (AOR).
- Provide mission planning support to cover the scope of operations based on weekly published mission schedule. At a minimum, one mission planner needs to be present during mission operations 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Mission planners not required to support mission execution will work normal duty hours.
- Liaise with the System Program Office (SPO), HHQ staff, other DoD organizations, and mission planning experts to remain current on LO ISR system capabilities, developments and initiatives in order to best advise unit leadership, tacticians, test directors, program managers and mission planners on policies, positions, plans and execution.
- Review and advise on conceptual operational plans quarterly.
- Provide training, refresher training and demonstrate proper LO ISR mission planning process and execution to aircrew and unit personnel, up to 100 people approximately 6 times per year.
- Advise and recommend options to manage and improve LO ISR mission planning processes and procedures, efficiency and effectiveness, equipment capabilities and training requirements at each post- mission debrief.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support to unit led LO ISR related exercises, tests, experimentation and tabletop events contributing to the sustainment and modernization of LO ISR assets and associated infrastructure.
- Provide advisory expertise in the overall development, planning, establishment, and implementation of a LO ISR mission planning training program.
- Provide SME support to provide input and changes to mission qualification, continuation training, and FTU course syllabi.
- Annually review formal guidance for training and evaluation of mission planning personnel for Air Force Instruction (AFI) 11-2[Mission Design Series (MDS)] Volumes I, II and III, and Air Force Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures Manual (AFTTP) 3-1 and 3-3. Provide feedback through appropriate chain for each document.
- Provide support to program management reviews, human machine interface, mission planning and other working groups, conferences.
- Assist with monitoring the state of health of Program Security and make suggestions for improvements as necessary.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High school diploma plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Possess demonstrated operator experience with airborne LO mission planning software.
- Mission planning and utilizing mission planning systems for LO weapon systems to include RQ-170, B-2, F-117, F-22, or equivalent DoD weapon system mission planning experience within the last two years preferred.
- LO operational experience through direct support, test or training environments
- Possess four and a half years of experience with Air defense Systems, Electronic Warfare and other national, international and theater-level threat system capabilities, developments and initiatives as they pertain to mission planning preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.