Insurance Business Analyst at Origami Risk (Atlanta, GA)
Starting base pay for this role is between $92,000 and $115,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, training, location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role will also be eligible for bonus as well as competitive medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with company match, and a flexible time off policy in most locations.
Origami Risk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thrive and benefit from diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We do not discriminate against any individual based upon race, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Identifies detailed requirements scope, involving business areas and any related stakeholder analysis.
- Works with client to define and agree upon the requirements management plan to ensure that all requirements are elicited and documented in an efficient and timely manner.
- Partners with Solution Architect and Technical Consultants early in the project to discuss key points of interest for design and testing.
- Analyzes and evaluates the business requirements to identify potential product gaps and impacts to processes.
- Elicits and documents client business, functional, and non-functional requirements using Origami standard tools and methodology.
- Leverages various elicitation methods to facilitate requirements discussions with stakeholders.
- Understands and can articulate Origami standards and best practices.
- Participates in solution design review meetings and demos to confirm solutions meet the defined requirements.
- Serves as liaison between client business stakeholders and project team with respect to requirements.
- Owns requirements through the entirety of the implementation delivery lifecycle.
- Provides support and clarity for requirements to Solution Architect and project team.
- Collaborates with service and operations to establish and maintain Functional Consultant processes, methods, tools, artifact, documentation, and training materials.
- Assists with pre-sales engagements, including requirements gathering and providing subject matter expertise.
- Communicates and transitions information gathered during pre-sales engagement to project team.
- Collaborates with product, development, service, and operations to establish and maintain design and configuration best practices, reusable standard configurations, documentation, and training materials.
- Collaborates with product and development to provide insight and feedback on product roadmap.
- Assists account management team with expanded sales engagements, including requirements gathering and providing subject matter expertise.
- Records hours worked in accordance with Origami's time entry policy.
- Identifies potential scope creep / out-of-scope work and escalates to Project Manager.
- Identifies potential expanded sales opportunities and notifies / coordinates with account management team on pursuing.
- Leverages Origami standard configuration where possible and follows established best practices and industry standards when consulting on solutions.
- 3+ years experience working with and providing direction for software implementation delivery teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Business-related field.
- Previous system replacement and/or integration functional consultant or business analyst experience required.
- 3+ years P&C insurance industry experience preferred.
- Deep understanding of ISO strongly preferred.
Who We Are
Origami Risk is a leading provider of integrated SaaS solutions for risk management, insurance, safety, and compliance. We've designed our single-platform, cloud-based software to be easily configurable to meet the needs of insured corporate and public entities, brokers and risk consultants, insurers and MGAs, third party claims administrators (TPAs), risk pools, and more. To fulfill our singular focus of helping our clients achieve their business objectives, our software is supported by a best-in-class service team of experienced risk, insurance, and safety professionals who have an ideal balance of industry knowledge and technological expertise.
Since its founding in 2009, Origami Risk has received more than two dozen awards for service excellence, technology innovation, and workplace culture. In addition to inclusion in Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America, Origami Risk also has been repeatedly recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the "Best Places to Work" and Best and Brightest® Companies To Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources (NABR).