Insights Manager (FMCG) at NielsenIQ
Location: Seattle, Washington
Work Schedule: (REMOTE)
Ref #: REF12337K
Be curious. Be collaborative. Be forward-thinking. Join the Retail team and collaborate with our clients as a consultant, a problem solver, and the voice of NielsenIQ at our clients.
In this role, you will work with a leading retail client and use NielsenIQ solutions to drive client satisfaction by providing market intelligence, business insights to help them understand their consumers and to optimize their business down every store or virtual aisle. You will be responsible for independently and actively engaging with major retail decision makers and leverage NielsenIQ solutions from identifying the best product assortment to executing pricing strategies. You will need to partner with internal teams across multiple NielsenIQ business units working on solving client challenges and business needs.
When you join the NielsenIQ team, you’re signing up for an experience that requires flexibility, curiosity, and passion. This is an opportunity to be part of today’s fastest growing retail industry.
- Daily point of contact for clients while managing multiple deadlines and projects. Collaborate with client stakeholders to understand their strategic business priorities and opportunities then proactively introduce creative thinking and Nielsen solutions and analytics to those situations.
- Independently complete thorough analyses using NielsenIQ’s proprietary tools and multiple data sources to develop insights that drive value-added decision making and differentiated client outcomes
- Track the end-to-end process across multiple internal teams to ensure market share deliverables to the client are on time and high-quality
- Build strong partnerships with clients through ongoing engagement, establishing yourself as a trusted advisor and strategic business partner
- Identify opportunities to collaborate across NielsenIQ teams and bring new solutions and thought leadership to your client stakeholders
- Drive engagement with the client regarding NielsenIQ strategic projects and initiatives
- Develop a strong understanding of industry trends and competitive landscape
- Ongoing education on NielsenIQ data and solutions with your clients while sharing fresh perspectives and innovative thinking
- Ensure pro-active insights and action-oriented solutions are delivered to clients
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability to drive client outcomes
- Able to synthesize data & simplify findings to solve client business issues
- Capable to maintain positive client relationships in complex situations & resolve client issues
- Able to work collaboratively with internal & external teams
- Strong logic, deductive reasoning, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Skilled & polished communicator, including client presentations.
- Intermediate project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience using large data sets to finding insights and make recommendations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and/or GSuite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and BI Tools (Power Bi, Tableau).
- Experience in SQL is a plus
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You confidently manage data, and you care about the people behind every number. You constantly seek to learn new things and lean into new capabilities. Change excites you. Curiosity, communication, and critical thinking drive your work--whether you got your start in sales or consulting analytics, or consumer goods. Now you’re ready for what’s next.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 4+ years of experience with demonstrated expertise in syndicated data analysis in the FMCG, CPG and/or Retail industries
- Experience working with Syndicated POS Data (Connect, AOD, Spectra, Case), Homescan Panel Data, and/or Numerator
- Strong analytical aptitude
- Ability to articulate your point of view or recommendations in a clear and concise way both verbally and in writing
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience working with market trends/consumer behavior/panel insights
- Preferred experience with working with syndicated data and tools, e-commerce
- Related industries experience to include: Consumer Packaged Goods, Retail, E-Commerce, Consulting, Category Management, Analytics
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.