Information Security Analyst-REMOTE OR HYBRID at American Express (Phoenix, AZ)
You Lead the Way. We've Got Your Back. At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
From building next-generation apps and microservices in Kotlin to using AI to help protect our customers from fraud, you could be doing transformational work that brings our iconic, global brand into the future. As a part of our tech team, we could work together to bring ground-breaking and diverse ideas to life that power the digital systems, services, products and platforms that millions of customers around the world depend on. If you love to work with APIs, contribute to open source, or use the latest technologies, we'll support you with an open environment and learning culture to grow your career.
Entry-level opportunity to demonstrate knowledge gained from the classroom and apply it on a dynamic, all-star Information Security team. Possible responsibilities include developing standard methodologies for information security standards and handling IT controls and compliance with regulatory guidance.
Reports to a Director of IT Risk and Information Security. Works with technology and partners across business functions/processes to ensure alignment, understanding and ongoing communication on security controls, compliance and InfoSec risk management. Works individually and with teams on both structured and unstructured assignments.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Maintains records to allow for historical trending analysis
- Participate in the team's activities such as security investigations, intelligence, assurance, and awareness and/or other project oversight
- Collaborate with technology, information security, and business partners
- Administer and monitor profiles, review violation reports and investigate possible exceptions
- Learn and understand security policies and standards
- Prepare material on information security (reports, presentations, spreadsheets,
- Document processes and requirements
- Assist in root cause analysis for incident management
- Analyze large amounts of data
Range of Impact/Influence:
- Supports efforts to ensure security standard methodologies, policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to
- Responsible for assisting with activities designed to systematically manage security and IT operational risk, such as information security, service continuity, and/or project oversight, including IT controls and the related management of compliance with regulatory guidance.
- Provides first and second level technical support to security, continuity or other risk systems and tools.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security or related field
- 1-3 years operational experience in Information Security
- Understanding of Mac, Windows and other EUC devices and applications for those devices
- Ability to analyze data for trends and determine recommendations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated desire to assist others including internal customers
Preferred but not required
- Certification in any of the following: Security+, CISSP, CISM, CIAM or other related security certification
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers' digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find your place in technology on #TeamAmex.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Salary Range: $70,000.00 to $135,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.