The Incident Management Analyst plays a pivotal role in ensuring that Blackline's services/infrastructure are available as agreed for BlackLine's clients throughout the world. This role is responsible for the execution and continuous improvement of our Incident and Problem Management processes at BlackLine.
The Incident Management Analyst is responsible for acting as a major incident commander as needed, including after normal business hours; updating key metrics and status for the major incidents; ensuring the root cause analysis process is executed, including leading the root cause team in a blameless postmortem, documenting and tracking root cause action items. Engagement in adjacent operational processes is also in scope of the role.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Provide leadership, ownership and manage major incident bridges according to service level guidelines. Organize, facilitate and lead technical teams to work together to resolve major incidents.
- Keep accurate records of incident timelines and supporting artifacts.
- Manage internal communications during major incidents to all key internal stakeholders and have the ability to translate business processes into technical services and vice-versa.
- Ensure post-incident activities, such as incident summary reports and root-cause for outage reports, are managed through to delivery.
- Create, refine and maintain policies, procedures and operational documentation.
- Train other BlackLine personnel in the Incident Management process.
- Define and produces Incident Management reporting KPIs.
- Drive implementation of standard execution of the Incident Management process.
- Complete other assignments and special projects as requested.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5+ Years
Education: BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: • Work experience in incident management, service management, service delivery or a role with direct client account management or implementing ITIL based methodologies
Previous experience working for a managed IAAS, SAAS, PAAS, network service provider or outsourcing organization, preferred Licenses or Certifications
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
- Display empathy, understanding, and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
- Ability to work in a 24/7 environment
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with multiple levels of an organization, including interaction with senior level business partners within the company
- Must work well under pressure, balancing multiple priorities and objectives, handles conflict well with engineers and leadership during incident situations
- Experience working with the Exigence incident management tool is a plus
- The work is primarily sedentary in nature.
- Participation in a 24/7 on call rotation is required