Implementation-Conversion Analyst at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
This team is responsible for making sure all Deposits Reporting system data is appropriately mapped from third party data processors into FIS' Integrated Banking System (IBS)
What you will be doing
You will be examining data files, processes and operational needs of customers to complete field-to-field data mapping for data conversion including data validation and determining customer specific processing parameters. You will complete FIS setup and provide support during the lifecycle of the conversion on applications listed.
- Develops a deep understanding of client products and services through information gathering sessions to determine how FIS systems must be established to meet client needs.
- Through data analysis, product mapping, and interviews assesses requirements for software utilization and discusses any software customization requirements with programming team.
- Creates data mapping and transaction workflow documents to be shared between programmers, clients and other FIS applications as appropriate to ensure successful conversion. Refines mapping through validation.
- Tests customized software against customer specific needs. Reviews mocked conversion results (reports, balancing, loaded data, software changes) with client to refine and confirm requirements. Obtains formal customer acceptance of results.
- Examines client processes, forms, and reports to determine full operational needs and document translation to go forward processing on FIS systems.
- Coordinates and conducts readiness exercise(s). This includes directing the customer in the preparation and execution of test scripts to verify accuracy of data, training and procedures, system set-up and reports. The readiness process ensures the customer training and procedures, the system, and the mapped data are correct and ready for implementation.
- Throughout project, provides expertise to answer questions and guide clients in the use of the system.
- Conducts train the trainer sessions to instruct and train internal customers (employees) or external customers on changes, new systems or new procedures.
- Acts as an on-site resource during implementation and answers questions, troubleshoots problems as they occur, supports implementation of new procedures, conducts last minute training if necessary and provides support during conversion week. Reviews the conversion results (reports, balancing of systems, balancing system conversion to associated General Ledger accounts, errors) with the customer and obtains client sign-off. Coordinates and directs the completion of post-conversion maintenance potentially including error resolution, system or data changes and balancing adjustments.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience within a banking environment
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of communication, comfortable with remote and onsite interaction for resolving issues. Ability to translate client requirements to technical specifications and communicate to technical staff
- Experience with data mapping as well as strong analytical and technical skills
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
Bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of FIS' products and services, specifically with Integrated Banking Systems (IBS)
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and a fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover and travel insurance
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.