HR Business Analyst, Oracle HCM at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:28 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 8, 2023
HR Business Analyst, Oracle HCMDescriptionHR Business Analyst, Oracle HCMSouthern Company is a leading producer of clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy, and we approach each day as a vital step in building the future of energy. At Southern Company we are always looking ahead, and our innovations in the industry-from new nuclear to deployment of electric transportation and renewables -help brighten the lives and businesses of millions of customers nationwide.Job Description:The HR Business Analyst will serve as an analyst within the Oracle HCM solutions team. This position will be responsible for the support and growth of solutions within the Oracle HCM suite of solutions including Core HCM, Workforce Compensation, Absence Management, Person Management. The role will be focused on maximizing the value of HR technology solutions by maintaining a quality environment, managing complex business processes, and partnering with external vendors and Information Technology to enhance/deploy new capabilities. The analyst will partner with HR COEs(Centers of Excellence) in applying industry best practices to product configurations, consult within their teams and the broader HR on system capabilities and how to best leverage existing functionality, as well as translate HR business requirements into technology solutions. Additional responsibilities include second tier support for end users, change management for business processes and researching industry trends.Individual will need to be able to function in a fast-paced changing environment, manage changing priorities, be responsive, dependable, and discerning when supporting the HR business and coworkers. Individual must multi-task efficiently, manage projects, work independently with little supervision, and keep assignments organized by planning their work and meeting project deadlines.Additional Responsibilities include:
- Partner and collaborate with COEs to understand business processes and identify opportunities to drive efficiencies through technology solutions, including identifying business requirements, designing processes, testing, and maintaining quality HR solutions.
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of core HCM solutions (position management, workforce management, workforce structures, etc), integrations, as well as Oracle's platform as a service.
- Contribute to process improvement efforts such as issue tracking and resolution as well as knowledge management and collaboration using MS Teams and SharePoint.
- Triage, troubleshoot, and resolve service desk incidents.
- Closely partner with Human Resources and Information Technology to creatively advance capabilities and solve business needs.
- Responsible for reviewing and remediating core HCM related enhancements and impacts provided with patches and quarterly releases.
- Consult on solution capabilities, support end user needs and manage complex business processes.
- Manage vendor relationships and influence future product direction through user group participation.
- Strong knowledge and experience configuring and supporting multiple HR solutions, including support of complex integrations.
- Experience identifying business needs, communicating expectations to partners, validating quality, and managing the timeline to deliver.
- Experience in managing multiple small projects and initiatives.
- Leverage user analytics to drive decisions on system changes and increased training effort.
- Understanding of Oracle HCM Cloud core best practices, 3 years of experience supporting HCM applications.
- 3 years of recent working experience within the core Oracle HCM suite, Workforce Compensation and Absence Modules.
- Knowledge of HCM Extracts, HDL Loading and Data Modeling/Reporting a plus.
- Advanced experience with Excel and/or Access to support data analysis and/or manipulation.
- Experience with MS Suite of productivity tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting.
- Demonstrated consulting skills, initiative to influence change, proactive thinker.
Read Full Job Description