Healthcare Data Analyst I at Iora Health (Remote)
One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 180 locations across 28 cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
On September 1, 2021, One Medical acquired Iora Health, a human-centered primary care organization focused on people 65+ on Medicare. By joining forces, we’re able to better address the needs of seniors — an important step in our mission to transform healthcare for all.
The Healthcare Data Analyst I (known internally as the Centralized Operation Analyst) helps support a complex centralized operations department to assist with providing value based primary care services to patients on Medicare. This role will report to the Centralized Operations Manager and will work closely with legacy Iora leadership, care teams, and Centralized Operation Assistants to successfully assist the department with various projects and data analysis. The Analyst will be responsible for strategic projects, data analytics, schedule/workforce management and department support. The Analyst will be part of the COA Leadership team to analyze department data which supports our overall team strategic operating plans (SOPs).
This position could involve travel to Iora/OM practices within the CO-Analyst home market or to other legacy Iora markets/practices.
The Centralized Operation Analyst (CO-Analyst) plays a key role in the success of Iora Senior Health and requires an individual excited to apply energy across a range of department services, implementation of new services and continuous process improvement initiatives, including but not limited to:
Strategic Operating Projects (50% of time)
- Owns strategic projects of priority to the department (i.e. various service lines: referrals, new patient onboarding, faxes, RXs, etc.)
- Helps to create and monitor department metrics for success in partnership with Centralized Operations Manager and/or Team Lead
- Owns and manages projects of strategic importance to department goals in partnership with Centralized Operations Manager
Department Operations Solutions (20%)
- Proactively proposes hypothesis to address department gaps
- Builds solutions/workflows to solve problems, in partnership with corporate functions, department team members, COA leadership and in-practice partners.
- Integrates new systems and technology
- Monitors, audits and documents, ensuring solutions are absorbed
- Key resource for the COA department
- Delivers insights from reporting so that local teams have the best information to drive performance
- Deep dives into internal reporting software to investigate problems and monitors progress against solutions in partnership with corporate functions
- Conducts analysis in Google Sheets and data platforms to inform decision making
A successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Ability to communicate (voice, written, 1-on-1 and group settings)
- Willing and able to work cross functionally across various markets by creating respected relationships with various stakeholders
- 2-3 yrs experience in data analysis via spreadsheets, data repository systems required
- Project management skills (creating plan, leading, and managing others)
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to exercise strong judgment independently and willing to share your opinion with colleagues and executives
- Service orientation
- Comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and rapid change
- Previous Centralized Operations Assistant experience preferred but not required
- 2+ years of experience in Healthcare or Healthcare related field
- 2+ years of advanced experience Google products (Sheets, Docs, Forms, Slides)
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time remote role based in any Iora market.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.